LJR with low miles (project, salvage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
@Chris I found the perfect LJR for you and the girls to wrench on. Low miles, manual (everyone needs to learn to drive a stick), and cheap.

Needs a good buff and a few minor parts. https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/north-highlands-2006-jeep-wrangler/6896487296.html

Get on it.
Not a bad base for a buggy build.

I’ve come to the conclusion that if I want to ever build (or buy) a purpose built rock crawler, it will be a tubular chassis / cage. ;)

Still a nice LJ would be fun!

Something else must be wrong for the salvage company to total it. I paid 6300 for mine with shipping and mine is not a rubicon.

Reactions: Chris
Something else must be wrong for the salvage company to total it. I paid 6300 for mine with shipping and mine is not a rubicon.
Looks like the rear end collision was enough to buckle the tub a bit near the doors. I'm assuming the labor alone would total it out.

I had a 2004 LJ with auto trans turn up near me with a salvage title for $3500. I considered it, but it looked like it had rolled over and I wasn't wanting to deal with the entire Jeep possibly being skewed.

Yep, when you mess with frame damage, sometimes it's impossible to tell how badly things were tweaked. Often times you don't realize until you start putting things back together and notice how things don't line up like they should.

Yep, when you mess with frame damage, sometimes it's impossible to tell how badly things were tweaked. Often times you don't realize until you start putting things back together and notice how things don't line up like they should.
Its a shame that so many body shops don't straighten frames like they used to. Maybe its because cars no longer have frames and the equipment was excessed long ago. I learned to do it as a kid and straightening a Jeep frame is simple using floor pots, rams, a welder, torch, hammer, and a tape measure. Its easier yet with an actual frame machine. I even did some work using things like forklifts, chainfalls, trees, etc. But that was long long ago. Maybe that can be my retirement gig. Put pots in the floor of my shop and make running money by straightening truck and Jeep frames.

Reactions: Chris and Alex01
Just use a tape measure Chris, the new frame machines uses lasers off the frame points...

Status
Not open for further replies.