Long time without a Jeep

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
It’s been nearly 15 years since I sold my TJ and did so because we had a kid and it wasn’t practical to keep anymore.

Over the years I got into many Toyota’s. 4runners, landcruisers, and we currently have a fairly built 5th gen Runner. Went to the snow last weekend we both decided a Jeep needed to be in our lives again.

I thought it would take me months to find my dream TJ. It took one week. I wanted a very specific Rubicon. 2003-2004, manual, low miles, bright color...last TJ was yellow so either yellow, red or blue.

Found one in Bend. 58k miles, bumpers, winch, 33’s, Rubicon Express short arm 3.5” lift. It was very well taken care of and looks to have only maybe seen gravel roads.

I removed the running boards and plasti dip off the wheels. Ordered rockers and corner armor. Zone 1.25” BL for the coming tummy tuck. Beadlocks by summer, most likely Walker Evans or Trail Ready.

Stick with 33’s. Happy to be back in a Jeep! Gonna find someone to buy or trade me into a soft top, it’s a toy I have no need for the hardtop!

Welcome back into the family....great choice of weapon for the snow and those planned mods will make the "toy" so much more fun.

Reactions: Rick Flair