California Looking for a Jeep handyman near Orange County

trung69pd

Just picked up a 2000 TJ!!! Does anyone know a good and inexpensive person/place that will fix fuses, install off-road lights and other minor issues? Located in South Orange County (CA).

97F34F06-CB01-4716-A04D-32DCB0717423.jpeg

There are a lot ready built harnesses that come with off road lights along with numerous videos on YouTube advising you what you need to do the installation. IF you have questions or get stuck... you can post your questions on the forum.

I am not mechanically inclined but I have done some minor mods already. I would rather do all this stuff myself but I was asking in case I get stuck.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but a good mechanic isn’t cheap, and a cheap mechanic isn’t good! 😉

So I’ll echo ejay’s advice, you are your Jeeps best mechanic. And there’s a bunch of folks here that have got your back.

Reactions: Moon Eyes
You have some world class mechanics on this forum. Truly world class. There is little you couldn't handle with these guys/gals to help you.👍

Nothing about working on these vehicles is mysterious or rocket science. All of it has been figured out and documented. I don't have the link, but you can find the Factory Service Manual for your specific vehicle on these forums. Grab it and look through. The most important things to remember are:

1. Be patient. If you're getting frustrated, walk away for a min to cool off and come back later.
2. Use the right tool for the right job. Don't use a T40 bit where you need a T45, or an impact wrench on a fastener that needs a specific torque setting.

Just picked up a 2000 TJ!!! Does anyone know a good and inexpensive person/place that will fix fuses, install off-road lights and other minor issues? Located in South Orange County (CA).

If you are looking for a local jeep shop for the long term, I recommend Jeeps R Us in Laguna Canyon. Larie Tales, the founder, was a close friend. Larie passed in early 2018, a few months after I saw him for the last time. Rather than close the shop, his wife chose to turn over the business to a long time customer and family friend. I can vouch for the new owner.

The technician at Jeeps R Us who you want if at all possible is Abel Alvarez. I have known Abel since 1998 and would trust him with any jeep of mine. Abel will be home for the holidays until early January if you can wait that long. Tell him that I referred you. [I would love to see his reaction when he realizes who you are talking about.]

I cannot guarantee that Jeeps R Us will be inexpensive, but will say that the prices I paid were always fair.

https://jeepsrus.com/

I'm happy with 18% of the time. Real experts who feed their families with the fruits of their expertise can do the rest.
I'm not saying anyone should ever pay a shop to work on their rig. I'm saying that to believe owners will do anything correctly the vast majority of the time is a seriously optimistic view of Jeep owner's mechanical ability.