Indiana Looking for a shop with frame repair experience in Indiana

2fast4ubailey

Hello everyone! I purchased my first Wrangler in February of 2018 and have enjoyed every minute up until my transmission and transfer case tried to fall out the bottom...FRAME RUST! It's a 2002 sport 4.0L 5 speed. I live in Northwest Indiana and want to have a shop with experience on the frame repairs to do the work and I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks for any replies.

That's not good. Sorry to hear about your issue.

Post up some photos and people will be able to let you know if you can get away with safety caps or need a complete frame.

Wide Open Design will happily whip you up a chassis for your TJ tub. Just throwing it out there... LOL

Hello everyone! I purchased my first Wrangler in February of 2018 and have enjoyed every minute up until my transmission and transfer case tried to fall out the bottom...FRAME RUST! It's a 2002 sport 4.0L 5 speed. I live in Northwest Indiana and want to have a shop with experience on the frame repairs to do the work and I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks for any replies.
@jodomcfrodo is having his whole frame repaired....maybe he can suggest a shop in the Chicagoland area?

Getting back on subject here, pictures of what you have going on (or falling out) would help but you'll also get several people telling you to sell your TJ which is sometimes but not always the only way to go.

Here's a link to see whats available to fix your frame and if you click on the STC installers tab you'll find a couple places fairly close or in Northwest Indiana. I imagine they could even take a look and let you know what they'd do to it.

I have a '98 TJ that had terrible rust around the body mounts. It was essentially a death trap, but had it repaired by a mechanic that our official Jeep dealership recommended. Did a great job and the jeep drives like new now. Of course it cost a decent penny as anyone would expect. The shop is located in McHenry, Illinois.

@jodomcfrodo is having his whole frame repaired....maybe he can suggest a shop in the Chicagoland area?

Unfortunately my shop won't do frame repair. They'll only do frame replacement. From their experience with frame repair, they've found too many issues and received too many complaints to keep doing it (at least from my understanding).