Looking for Lock Box Covering Suggestions

pagrey

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Looking for suggestions on what to put on my lock box for a little protection. I'd like something with a some give in it so when I put something on it I don't bash the box and I'd also like it to be lighter in color so it reflects a little sun and maybe provides a little insulation. It is always outside and I don't want to deal with wet carpet. Looking for materials and adhesives that can deal with the sun and heat on the metal. I have been looking at boat decking material but it's fairly expensive and I don't want to go in blind. The previous owner of the box put some kind of foam tape on the thing which wore pretty well but it is practically gone at this point. More concerned with function than looks, it is a rusty rattle can mess at this point anyway. Any input appreciated.

15663422807550.jpg

Since it's been about 12 hours since your post, I'll do what I do and reply with some random thoughts.

I'm not sure that "something with a some give in it" will stop all "bash the box".

I used some of what I call "2 ft puzzle pieces" that were on our basement floor when the kids were kids. They are about 1/2 inch thick heavy foam. I put them together, trimmed them to fit the rear floor and dropped them in. I never attached them and remove them to hose off mud. Not exactly what you want to do.

How about something like this? Probably not as strong as boat deck stuff but seems to be cheaper. Probably not as insulating as 2 ft puzzle pieces either.

5 ft. x 6 ft. Charcoal Textured PVC Pet Pad/ATV Mat

Reactions: pagrey