Looking for TJ suspension suggestions

JMT - I think those JKS Disconnects will be a little long for my application... but Thanks for letting me know... I'm going with the H&R 1" springs. Going to order a complete set of Crown stock replacement front & rear control arms.

I looked at the JKS Disconnects (#2000) for 0-2" lifts but the Rubicon Express (# RE1130) for 0-2" lift come in a little less money & seem to get decent reviews; that & the fact we really won't be doing any real off-roading I'm sure they are over kill. I just want to replace the factory style of links as I don't like the design & I'm replacing all the tired suspension gear anyway.

Mike_H - I hear you on 1200 seeming steep & they are easy to find but around here 300 - 500 is common for a set of take offs with worn tires & that is usually a set of 4.... you might find a set of 5. Good sets of 5 are 500 - 1500 & these are still not always new tires.... Welcome to CT....

The set I looked at is a brand new set of (5) Bridgestone Dueler AT's 255/70/18 on 2018 Sahara Rims (numbs still on the tires), they are mounted & balanced & include tire pressure sensors (which I don't need) new set of Lugs & Locks, the adapters to fit the TJ & a spare tire mount adapter. I looked up the tires at a local shop that I use for our company vehicles & there price for (5) of the Dueler AT's was over $1300 for the tires mounted / balanced & tax....

I might just look after market... but again we liked the look of the JK rims on our friend TJ... which is why we were looking at those.

Mike_H - I hear you on 1200 seeming steep & they are easy to find but around here 300 - 500 is common for a set of take offs with worn tires & that is usually a set of 4.... you might find a set of 5. Good sets of 5 are 500 - 1500 & these are still not always new tires.... Welcome to CT....

The set I looked at is a brand new set of (5) Bridgestone Dueler AT's 255/70/18 on 2018 Sahara Rims (numbs still on the tires), they are mounted & balanced & include tire pressure sensors (which I don't need) new set of Lugs & Locks, the adapters to fit the TJ & a spare tire mount adapter. I looked up the tires at a local shop that I use for our company vehicles & there price for (5) of the Dueler AT's was over $1300 for the tires mounted / balanced & tax....

I might just look after market... but again we liked the look of the JK rims on our friend TJ... which is why we were looking at those.
Any interest in the 17" JK wheels instead? They are more plentiful used, and there's a bigger selection of tires than for 18" wheels.

glwood & Bobthetj03.... Thank you for bringing this up.... (y) High Praises....

I was going to ask about this earlier today prior to ordering everything tomorrow..... but.... was second guessing myself on asking (& looking uninformed) because I called Rancho tech support & after going over everything with their guy, he recommended the # RS55239 & RS55241 stating I would be better off long & setting new bump stops then being to short....

I wasn't sold on his answer but figured they knew what they were talking about better than I... I believe the RS55240 & RS55128 were what I originally asked him about & he moved me towards the RS55239 & RS55241

Would love your guys input on this

Try to maintain a 50/50 shock bias. Typical TJ stock suspension allows 4" uptravel. With the H&R springs you should gain an inch, and that is good. More up travel will improve ride and minimize added bump stop.

glwood - Yup 17" wheels would be fine also... the 18" Sahara's are just a pair we looked at. It was a nice looking rim, something a little different & we run the Duelers on a couple of our vehicles with good results... (the TJ actually has Duelers on it now that need to be replaced)... but ultimately we will decide after all the structural issues & new suspension stuff is complete.

Trying to order all that tomorrow

bobthertj03... So if I am understanding you correctly (& my math is correct) the stock Rancho 5000x replacement shocks (RS55240 & RS55128) will be fine for the setup we are looking at with the H&R spring.

Actually for the way we are using the vehicle, if I understand this correctly, the stock replacement shocks really would work on any think under a 2" lift?

Don't know why the Rancho Rep was so concerned with the additional 1" lift the springs were adding... I'll change my build list to the RS55240 & RS55128 prior to ordering everything tomorrow. Thanks to all!!!

@NOLAtj So we ended up with:

H & R Springs # 52107 1" Lift Spring Kit Front & Rear
Daystar.75" Lift Kit, fits TJ 1993 to 2006 2/4WD, Black
Front Shocks Rancho RS5128
Rear Shocks Rancho RS5240
Crown Control Arm Kit CAK13 - Front & Rear Upper & Lower
Moog DS1235 Front Track Bar
Front Links - Rubicon Express Sway Bar Disconnect - RE1130
Moog DS1461 Rear Track Bar
Moog K80244 Rear Track Bar Links
Monroe SC2928 Magnum Steering Damper
The Complete ZJ Tie rod Conversion

We grab a set of (5) 2018 Sahara 18" Rims - Bridgestone Duelers 255/70/18 take off that only had 10K on it... over all we are happy with the setup...

We did a lot of other work to the TJ at the same time but the above is most of the suspension stuff...

Jeep 99.jpg

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
That a nice setup and great looking Jeep! Would you have adjusted anything with the benefit of hindsight?
Thanks... I don't think we would change much for our use... It doesn't see any hard off-road use... It used mostly as a driver, we take it out on the beach a few times a year, & logging & hunting / fishing roads / trails.

It handles much better now, obviously, compared to it old worn-out '99 suspension.... There was a tone of other work done to it at the same time... The only thing my wife says... "Is we should have done it sooner" .

Reactions: 707kevin
@NOLAtj So we ended up with:

H & R Springs # 52107 1" Lift Spring Kit Front & Rear
Daystar.75" Lift Kit, fits TJ 1993 to 2006 2/4WD, Black
Front Shocks Rancho RS5128
Rear Shocks Rancho RS5240
Crown Control Arm Kit CAK13 - Front & Rear Upper & Lower
Moog DS1235 Front Track Bar
Front Links - Rubicon Express Sway Bar Disconnect - RE1130
Moog DS1461 Rear Track Bar
Moog K80244 Rear Track Bar Links
Monroe SC2928 Magnum Steering Damper
The Complete ZJ Tie rod Conversion

We grab a set of (5) 2018 Sahara 18" Rims - Bridgestone Duelers 255/70/18 take off that only had 10K on it... over all we are happy with the setup...

We did a lot of other work to the TJ at the same time but the above is most of the suspension stuff...

View attachment 265720

Looks great, good job!👍