Lower control arms

Bad_Diesel

Well one of my front lower control arms took a shit and I would like to know if anybody has any recommendations or brand to stay away from. I do plan on getting a 2-4 inch lift with 33’s and possibly bigger and a higher lift later, so I would like room for growth.

I do plan on getting a 2-4 inch lift with 33’s and possibly bigger and a higher lift later, so I would like room for growth.

How far in the future?
OEM replacements are pretty cheap to hold you over.
Also, oem arms perform pretty well and can be run with lifts up to about 3".
YRMV

Last edited:
If you plan to lift I'd get something nice now, plus it'll be one less thing to swap later. I run the Savvy aluminum arms with Johnny Joints and don't regret it one bit.

Reactions: JMT
If you plan to lift I'd get something nice now, plus it'll be one less thing to swap later. I run the Savvy aluminum arms with Johnny Joints and don't regret it one bit.

all good posts-

Good connections are a big part of the TJ performance puzzle-

A stock arm is a fast fix, but typically if one failed the others are in line to fail-

If you are thinking long term and can swing it get at least 2 Savvy adjustable arms and you build on that....up to most any tire size that the stock axles can handle.

One of mine has Savvy Aluminum, the other Clayton and Girro Joints- both drive very nice -

The Johnny Joint has the best track record in the TJ world.

This is the Clayton rig, it was late and I was alone on the road for the pic in motion.

I know this sounds political but my real answer is get the best quality you can afford if you plan to keep the vehicle and if you plan to make ride height changes. You’ll be glad later.

C534BAFA-2DFE-4B74-A6CA-F59BA90F090E.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper
Well one of my front lower control arms took a shit and I would like to know if anybody has any recommendations or brand to stay away from. I do plan on getting a 2-4 inch lift with 33’s and possibly bigger and a higher lift later, so I would like room for growth.

Wait until you decide on your lift choice. I have used stock arms with a 3" suspension lift for the past 8 years. I've been buying stock control arms and other easy to replace parts at AM-Autoparts for years. A 10 year warranty on everything they sell and they don't make you ship/return the old part. Some companies have great warranties, but want you to pay shipping to return their parts. Not for me.