LS swap questions

Abdu

Hello, I am currently trying to get everything needed for ls swap . I have found so many cheap engines on craiglsits for my year of car for the swap.
I plan use my manual transimission its a 2003 tj 4.0 rn. Can you guys please help I dont know what I needed everything likea list to buy =. I plan to bring all the parts to friend who works out of his garage and have hime do it. is 5.3 ls swap good . i LIVE in california i want just a fast daily driver not much offroading.

I know i will need an 1. engine, the 2. adapter kit 3. catayltic. 4. wiring harness. I know its gonna have issues running down the line im prepapredddd

I ha
Hello, I am currently trying to get everything needed for ls swap . I have found so many cheap engines on craiglsits for my year of car for the swap.
I plan use my manual transimission its a 2003 tj 4.0 rn. Can you guys please help I dont know what I needed everything likea list to buy =. I plan to bring all the parts to friend who works out of his garage and have hime do it. is 5.3 ls swap good . i LIVE in california i want just a fast daily driver not much offroading.
I have around 4k , the friend is gonna charge 1-2k do i not have enough

You don’t have enough money yet to do it right.

X2, not even close. If you want to do it right, you're going to need 8k at a minimum. I looked into this very extensively as I almost did it myself.

Someone might chime in and say you can do it for 6k, and maybe you could if you went with a 5.3 and got a junkyard engine / transmission, but that's always an iffy thing to do.

Also, almost every question you can have about swapping in an LS engine has an answer here:

http://www.novak-adapt.com

Novak is the definitive source for V8 swaps into Wranglers. Check that site out thoroughly and you'll find answers to almost all your questions.

Also, people like @pcoplin and others with LS swaps may be able to offer some real world insight as well.

Reactions: Abdu