dlm1450

My check-engine light is on.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Went to MA Bell in Northampton, MA on 7/10/21 with @Camdenst and his LJ Rubihara. More pics to come.

IMG_8521.jpg

20210710_104835.jpg

20210710_104839.jpg

20210710_104854.jpg

20210710_104858.jpg

20210710_104905.jpg

20210710_105443.jpg

Ha I was thinking something else when I saw your Ma Bell thread title. I used to work for "Ma Bell" when I worked for Western Electric which was then part of the Bell System. Everyone called it Ma Bell.
Me too, same first thought as we were an approved contractor for NJ Bell.

Ha I was thinking something else when I saw your Ma Bell thread title. I used to work for "Ma Bell" when I worked for Western Electric which was then part of the Bell System. Everyone called it Ma Bell.
I, too, thought of your version of "Ma Bell". Must be an age thing, huh? ;)

The trail was part of a Bell Telephone easement. The overhead lines are long gone but you can still see the "stumps" they left when they cut the poles down.

It's a great day trip. Short trail but LOTS of technical stuff.
That's what I've heard! I'd been hesitant to go until I got it lifted a bit, just in case. I usually do the Class VIs up in NH, so nothing too technical on my part just yet lol.

That's what I've heard! I'd been hesitant to go until I got it lifted a bit, just in case. I usually do the Class VIs up in NH, so nothing too technical on my part just yet lol.
MA Bell has "go-arounds" on every obstacle. Any stock Jeep could easily make it to the top using the go arounds. That's what's so nice about this trail, you can pick and choose what you want to try. I've learned half of all wheeling is watching other people wheel, 1/4 is wheeling yourself, and 1/4 is spent fixing broken things and getting unstuck. If you're interested, I'll ping you next time I go. Hopefully @Camdenst can go so he can rescue me with RTV and sockets again.

Reactions: Elyse8743 and Vasq
Its was a great day, thanks Dave.

Im always down for a day trip, usually hit the trail head around 930a and depending on the size of the group you can make it to the top by noon.

The trip back down is usually uneventful, unless your Dave. Dave thought his upper control arm brackets looked better hanging instead of being attached.

Reactions: dlm1450
Love going to Ma Bell however the avatar is from the last time I was there. I guess I picked the wrong line. LOL;)
LOL. That's what I was trying to do before BOTH my rear upper control arms ripped off the frame.