Mega millions

The thing about lotteries is that if you do an actual calculation of the 'expected value' of a ticket, it’s way below face value (i.e. multiply the prizes by the likelihood of winning). At least in the UK the remaining value gets spent fairly well on community projects etc.

But that £2/$2 buys you a little bit of hope and dreams every week. As the old lottery slogan here used to go, 'It could be you.' And it could.

Last week a UK ticket holder won something like $200 million on the Euro Millions. Just sayin'

Now that billionaires are riding rockets into space, maybe if the jackpot is big enough, I could afford to fly to a different planet...

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
If I won the lottery I would pay homeless drug addicts to bare knuckle box each other for my amusement.

Reactions: NskLJ
I’d buy a small farm & grow wheat, tomatoes, basil & a few other veggies, and raise a handful of cows, goats & sheep. From the harvest I’d mill my own flour, can my own sauce & such. From the animal’s milk I’d make a variety of cheeses. I’d either build or have a wood fired oven made in Napoli and shipped over & fire it with only hard woods harvested from my land. The ultimate end game would be to make a pizza, literally, from the earth up, 100% by my own hands & land. I’d continue using the sourdough starter I use weekly to bake my bread in lieu of industrial yeast, so as to keep it 100% home made from my land without store-bought intervention. Time-wise from the day I purchased the farm until the day I’d put my first pie on the table could likely be measured in terms of years, but that’s ok, that journey is the dream.

Keep enough of the cash to sustain this operation until I croak, and give away the rest.

I totally agree with that, which is why I said, "MOST people..." You're proving my point now. MOST people will distort everything you say. They do that to feel better about themselves. 🤣 Please don't get offended. This is sarcasm. Why do I have to spell that out?

Because you're an asshole?

I kidd I kidd

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
I'd pay off all the house debts of my closest friends and set up trusts for their kids college funds. A lot of their parents were very much like proxy parents/aunts/grandparents to me as a young adult, and although I like to think they are fully aware of my appreciation for them, I would certainly kick it up a notch or two if there was anything they needed...

I'd build the local animal shelter a new building and set up a trust for them as well...

Set up a few scholarships at my alma mater...

There is a golf course near the house that I loved going to in my young adult life (and what was the home course of the local HS). It's getting a tad run down and a few friends and I have already talked about getting some investors together and going in on it. I'd go all-in on that, giving each of the few who would go in on the investment their equal share (free of charge of course to help establish their familial wealth)...

I've been eyeing up properties, 25-40 acres in size, for future/retirement use (I really want to open up a maple syrup farm and raise bees for honey). We've already been looking at buying one, so I'd just make this happen earlier and maybe bump up the size a tad...

I'd buy a few local farms from any farmer looking to sell (or parcel off), then pay them to raise food which can be provided to the local shelters for free...

I saw a thing a while ago where someone bought an old church and turned it into a halfway house and abuse shelter. Seems like a better use for that building, so I can see that happening in a few needed areas. The Taco Guild in Phoenix is an awesome restaurant (a true "gourmet taco"! shop), so maybe something like that too, but more like a soup or "what you can pay" kitchen...

My kids are going to live a comfortable life already, as are likely my grandkids, but I'd certainly establish some long-term familial wealth and investments for them, with account stewards and someone to help them manage. After that, I'd take every penny remaining and buy each and every ugly ass strip mall possible, bulldoze it to the ground, and open up a free to use park...