Misfire issues

Chris510

I have a 97 with a 2.5L. It is running very poorly and has a flashing check engine light with the codes P302, P202 and P300. I've replaced the cap, rotor, wires, plugs and the fuel injectors. I also replaced the exhaust manifold last week. Any idea on what could be causing these issues. Fuel economy is really down as well and it smells rich at the tail pipe.
Thank you

I have a 97 with a 2.5L. It is running very poorly and has a flashing check engine light with the codes P302, P202 and P300. I've replaced the cap, rotor, wires, plugs and the fuel injectors. I also replaced the exhaust manifold last week. Any idea on what could be causing these issues. Fuel economy is really down as well and it smells rich at the tail pipe.
Thank you

Did you try replacing the coil?

1662680058698.png

Not yet. That was a thought I have a half hour ago. I will try that.

If that not fix the issue, I suggest to start thinking in replace the PCM. My TJ 2.5 1997 had 8 different codes and no one can be cleared after replacing parts or sensors or trying restarting many times the PCM with the scanner, no luck. When I changed the PCM with a new one rebuild, start working perfectly, just get 2 new codes, 1 already cleared replacing the part and the other one will be cleared changin another part that works only with mopar brand (suggested in this forum), the engine start working fine and I had a "no gauges light" also the oil gauge start working again.

Last edited: