WTB: Mopar AEV Rock Crawler Front Bumper for TJ

There is a specific forum for WTB asks. I'm sure this will get moved. Be prepared to have to sell your jeep to afford that bumper.

Reactions: Irun
There is a specific forum for WTB asks. I'm sure this will get moved. Be prepared to have to sell your jeep to afford that bumper.

Appreciate it. Yeah… Upset I passed on this bumper when it was on Quadratec.. Curious on any current asking prices.

Appreciate it. Yeah… Upset I passed on this bumper when it was on Quadratec.. Curious on any current asking prices.

1000s of dollars. Not joking. Other than scarcity, not sure what the appeal was for these.

There is ONE of these AEV front bumper in person that made me go "wow", but the reason for that was because it had been very carefully modified to accommodate a tunable sway bar in front, without any loss in strength and modified in such a way that you cannot tell it did not come made that way unless it was told to you. There is only one of these modified ones in the wild and the only one that I find pretty awesome.

$1500 to $2000 just for the front. Insanity, but that is where they are. You might get lucky and find something slightly lower this time of year, but who knows.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Those are hard to come by. I recently saw one on the front of a reasonably priced LJ in Dallas. You might want to start watching TJ sale ads and see if one shows up. I was guessing that the seller didn't know the value of the bumper as the Jeep was reasonably priced. I bet if somebody came with a true market value offer and a decent replacement for trade they would make a deal. I honestly thought about messaging the seller and making them aware. I know there are several people who like that bumper and have been searching for a while. You might also carry a pen and paper and just keep an eye out around town.

Reactions: Irun
Those are hard to come by. I recently saw one on the front of a reasonably priced LJ in Dallas. You might want to start watching TJ sale ads and see if one shows up. I was guessing that the seller didn't know the value of the bumper as the Jeep was reasonably priced. I bet if somebody came with a true market value offer and a decent replacement for trade they would make a deal. I honestly thought about messaging the seller and making them aware. I know there are several people who like that bumper and have been searching for a while. You might also carry a pen and paper and just keep an eye out around town.

Or they just found out, despite what some people pay for them, most people won't pay it and it didn't change the realistic value of their rig.

Reactions: 06lj and Irun
Or they just found out, despite what some people pay for them, most people won't pay it and it didn't change the realistic value of their rig.

You are right. They may have known and I can understand not wanting to bother with buying a replacement bumper and having to deal with marketplace scammers and lowballers. I've got boxes of parts that I don't need but don't want the hassle of selling. I still bet if someone approached them with a $1000 cash and a good bumper they'd take the deal.
Personally I keep my money squirreled away for the mythical day when a Savvy bumper is in stock.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
1000s of dollars. Not joking. Other than scarcity, not sure what the appeal was for these.

There is ONE of these AEV front bumper in person that made me go "wow", but the reason for that was because it had been very carefully modified to accommodate a tunable sway bar in front, without any loss in strength and modified in such a way that you cannot tell it did not come made that way unless it was told to you. There is only one of these modified ones in the wild and the only one that I find pretty awesome.

Got any pics?

Got any pics?

Nope. You will have to take my word for it. There was a brilliant build thread on that jeep but it was atleast couple years before you started here and the thread is not there anymore for various reasons.