Mopar clock spring alternative?

John_G_314

I have a 2001 TJ with a bad clock spring. MOPAR part is almost $400. I see an alternative by Crown automotive but only for 97-2000. In reading a little more, it looks like that clock spring will work but I’ll loose function in the multifunction switch. I can’t say that I know what the mul

Mopar parts are all made in China now, so may as well just go with any automotive store brand at this point :rolleyes:

I hear ya. Just curious about that multifunction switch. Any idea what that controls?

The multi-function switch controls the headlights, dashboard dimmer lights, and fog lights. Definitely don't want to lose that (y)

Mopar parts are all made in China now, so may as well just go with any automotive store brand at this point :rolleyes:
And again, one more fucking time, just because something made in China does not mean that the quality is the same as every other fucking thing made in China. So no, you should not go with any parts store shit.

Just so you know, there are a whole bunch of Jeep OEM parts made in China and the quality is every bit the same as we demand and expect from OEM.

And again, one more fucking time, just because something made in China does not mean that the quality is the same as every other fucking thing made in China. So no, you should not go with any parts store shit.

Just so you know, there are a whole bunch of Jeep OEM parts made in China and the quality is every bit the same as we demand and expect from OEM.

Do you have a Mopar alternative clock spring recommendation?

While I have no way of proving it, I suspect that Mopar replacement parts are likely just repackaged Crown parts.

I have a 2001 TJ with a bad clock spring. MOPAR part is almost $400. I see an alternative by Crown automotive but only for 97-2000. In reading a little more, it looks like that clock spring will work but I’ll loose function in the multifunction switch. I can’t say that I know what the mul
Check out RockAuto if you haven't already

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
Do you have a Mopar alternative clock spring recommendation?

While I have no way of proving it, I suspect that Mopar replacement parts are likely just repackaged Crown parts.

Doubtful you will get the same quality and warranty with Crown Parts as you will with Mopar OEM.
I will stick with the Mopar OEM parts especially with electronic parts.

I have 2001 TJ and it does not have clock. Was that an option when new?
China parts don't make any difference anyway, Jeep is a foreign owned company.

I have 2001 TJ and it does not have clock. Was that an option when new?
China parts don't make any difference anyway, Jeep is a foreign owned company.
My 2001 TJ did not come with a clock either but I guarantee both of ours came with a clock spring! 😀

Regarding the Chinese parts, they can produce some very high quality components. My worry is the issue of counterfeit products produced by not so high quality manufacturers infiltrating the supply chain.

Just renewing the post to see what happened. I have an 01' TJ and am needing a clock spring replacement, but want to know if I can substitute the 97-00 part and get around this extra switch added to the 01'? If not, is there a substitute? I've found the 01-02 compatible part for $378 but all of the other years get as cheap as $100

Go to a yard and pull one off of an xj jus have to dremel(open the center) a little bit.