Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit Question

Chris G

TJ Enthusiast
I'm looking at the Morryde system and would simply use it with the stock tire carrier. Right now I have the a 31" tire on the back but I would be adding a 33' tire to match the other four. Still running the stock bumper and stock Moabs.

It looks from my current setup that a 33" would not fit because it would hit the bumper so my question is - does the Morryde allow for the tire carrier to be mounted a bit higher to keep the additional 1" of tire at the bottom from contacting the bumper?

Thanks!

Depending on your setup your rubber snubbers may not be long enough. I used rubber mallet heads from harbor freight and drilled holes in them and then you can cut them to length.

Reactions: Ironman
Depending on your setup your rubber snubbers may not be long enough. I used rubber mallet heads from harbor freight and drilled holes in them and then you can cut them to length.
That’s a good idea. I got on McMaster and ordered a 2in diameter rod of solid PVC and used that as spacers. It worked well.

That’s a great idea. What worked for me was buying some rubber washers from Lowe’s that are the same diameter as the spacers that came with the Morryde kit. This worked very well as each snubber had to be extended to a different height. This will all depend on what tire/wheel you are installing.
EBAB0B96-9EA1-4641-95F0-35A2E2457E91.jpeg

4432BEBF-E200-4F8A-834C-2EE39B7BAC26.jpeg

35, stock carrier, without the brackets to raise it. As others said, did have to adjust snubbers.

D9781B0C-2012-4397-B8CE-50B897CCC601.jpeg
50DDD6C7-2D58-45B2-9585-2FD77A23EC22.jpeg