Motor mount question

Jmgoodnight

Been in the process of taking off a body lift over the past couple days and ran into another problem. I finally got it dropped and gave it the first crank and heard a horrible grinding noise. Thought it was the transmission or t case at first and turns out it was the fan shroud hitting the fan. I took the drop brackets off and put the radiator and shroud back in on the stock position. My guess is the motor mounts where changed and dropped. I’m gonna attach pics to see what everyone’s thought are.
A04256A0-1725-446D-A040-A9124B60CFB0.jpeg
29C2456C-FB08-4F52-B899-F93F78B4E73A.jpeg
9952D558-E4BB-482F-8C98-2360947D2761.jpeg

When installing a body lift you need to raise the fan shroud. If you put the shroud back in its original position you are good go. Definitely no MML as those are OEM style motor mounts.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
When installing a body lift you need to raise the fan shroud. If you put the shroud back in its original position you are good go. Definitely no MML as those are OEM style motor mounts.
Yeah that’s what I thought but the bottom of the shroud is now in pieces. So I’m thinking I have to put the drop brackets back on the radiator and lower it

Are you sure? BL raises radiator, engine stay put. Shroud must be lowered to not interfer with fan.
That’s what I thought but when I got in there the radiator and shroud were lowered. I put it back to the stock position and the fan is hitting. It’s really strange that it didn’t line up

Some people lower the radiator (and shroud), some just the shroud.
If that's even possible with the 2.5.

Maybe they moved the radiator down (with brackets) and shroud up to dial it in better.

Last edited:
Some people lower the radiator (and shroud), some just the shroud.
If that's even possible with the 2.5.

Maybe they moved the radiator down (with brackets) and shroud up to dial it in better.
I still have those brackets some I’m gonna put those back on hopefully tomorrow and see how everything lines up

Yep that bolt was put in my tractor supply list. They got all the grade 8 bolts one could want. Thanks for helping with the size. That’ll save me some time
Oh, and check out the resource section for the correct hose clamps, the SS worm drive clamps are especially hard on composite parts like the radiator.