MiRustyjeep

What tire shop would honestly think to ever do that. When you take the weights off your taking the clear with it and unless they are silver it’s gonna look like shit. Ughhhhh

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Hell, I wouldn't even want those weights there on shitty wheels, only because if you were planning on off-roading, you could rip them off on a rock. I always have them put the weights on the inside of my wheel where they won't easily come off.

I guess some tire shops must not have any brains. If I worked at a tire shop I'd take one look at a nice wheel like that and instantly know where to put the wheel weights.

Reactions: Starrs
Well, one set is sold...Its weird...They were posted for over a month, then suddenly they are just recently sold when I inquire about them. Too bad. 5 wheels and tires (shitty tires though) for 300 bucks. If I see anyone here (other than @Chris) rockin new Pintlers...I will hunt you down and haunt your dreams, LOL!

Reactions: Chris and Starrs
Aside from Moab wheels, Pintlers are the only other wheel that I really have a hard on for. They just look so right on TJ, just like Moabs do.

Reactions: PRNDL
Ok, You all have been witness to the crazy that is my mind. I can see why my wife thinks I'm nuts LOL! I just bought some thicker adapters and am going to try running the wheels I have for a bit longer. They should let me get a 285/70R17 on there (nice compromise between 10.5 and 12.5) and not rub. It will also push the wheels out 3/4" of an inch from where they are. My buddy still wants the tires and will basically buy them any time I'm ready, so no loss there. I also have some alerts set for Pintlers if they come up near me. I did find some relatively close, 5 of them, but they were pretty beat. I could have fixed them, but meh...I've already done that!

Reactions: Squatch
35s are calling... it’s just a matter of time :p

Funny, I used to tell everyone that 33s looked like the perfect size in terms of proportions for the TJ. Now I’m thinking it’s actually 35s. Hopefully I never think it’s 37”, otherwise I’ll have an axle problem then!

Reactions: Starrs
Did a test run today at an offroad park called twisted trails. Lots of hill climbs and sand. Weather was rainy, so it was pretty wet. This was the first time I've really wheeled the jeep since I installed the lift and stuff. It did very well. Everything just seemed to work. My lockers are not working correctly, but I didn't really need them today.

The trails were either really easy, or way too difficult for me to play on, rolling solo. Still had a Good time.

Little flexing...
20180721_145423.jpg
20180721_145450.jpg

One of the few moderate areas I went through. Had a buddy riding shotgun, so he spotted me through.
20180721_162029.jpg

Big day today for the jeep. Ordered a couple second hand locker pumps from davey's jeep. Mine were acting funny last time I was out and they are super rusty. The end caps have fallen off and exposed the pressure switches... so I figured it was time.

I also took a little bit of a drive, and picked up these bad boys!

20180727_200749.jpg

5 of them, plus two 285/70r17 General Grabber AT2 tires for 300 bucks. The tires are in decent shape, so I'll keep one as a spare and sell the other. It's funny how patience works. I gave up on getting Pintlers, kinda. I couldn't justify the prices they were getting, plus paying to ship to me. I did find a set close'ish, but they were pretty beat and dude wanted a lot for them. I respectfully declined. Well, about a week later, he asks if i was still interested, and gave me a price I couldn't say no to. 5 wheels and two tires for 300 dollars. I'll need to refinish them, and the rim lips are rough, but they will clean up nice and I won't feel too bad when I scratch them up wheeling.

Big day today for the jeep. Ordered a couple second hand locker pumps from davey's jeep. Mine were acting funny last time I was out and they are super rusty. The end caps have fallen off and exposed the pressure switches... so I figured it was time.

I also took a little bit of a drive, and picked up these bad boys!

View attachment 48980

5 of them, plus two 285/70r17 General Grabber AT2 tires for 300 bucks. The tires are in decent shape, so I'll keep one as a spare and sell the other. It's funny how patience works. I gave up on getting Pintlers, kinda. I couldn't justify the prices they were getting, plus paying to ship to me. I did find a set close'ish, but they were pretty beat and dude wanted a lot for them. I respectfully declined. Well, about a week later, he asks if i was still interested, and gave me a price I couldn't say no to. 5 wheels and two tires for 300 dollars. I'll need to refinish them, and the rim lips are rough, but they will clean up nice and I won't feel too bad when I scratch them up wheeling.
Oh, hell yeah!!! Nice!

Reactions: Mike_H
It's been largely trouble free. I did have a cel for a cylinder 1 misfire, but that has gone away with the replacement of my fuel pump. Other than that, she runs great, with a slight lifter knock, and leaky RMS (x2:mad:)

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ
My new wheel and tire setup is getting closer to completion. I had to have one of the wheels welded... Had a small crack in the lip from dropping down on a rock. That is finished, just need to pick it up. I also picked up a new to me set of tires from an older gentleman tonight. He and his wife had a JK that was totaled out earlier this year. He had some aftermarket wheels and tires for it that he ran in the summer... Well, since the Jeep was totaled before he put the summer wheels on, he listed them on Craigslist. I was the first caller... Picked them up tonight.
20180813_195520.jpg
20180813_195525.jpg

Tires are around 13/32 tread depth, so plenty of life in them. BFG KM2's . Load range D, 285/70R17. I was really leaning toward 35's, but after keeping up with all the guys on 35's on my last trip, decided I didn't need to go down that road. My Jeep is built around a 33" tire, and that's what these are. They look quite a bit bigger that my 32 x 10s too. The wheels will be going on down the road... Though my wife said she liked them : puke:

Anyway, if someone here likes them, let me know...I'll make you a good deal. They have about a 5" back space, 5x5 bolt circle, 8.5" wide, and 17" diameter. With a standard adapter, they should get you around the magic 3.75" backspacing you need for 12.5" wide tires on a TJ

Edit: almost forgot the best part... The price. Guy was asking 800, but he sold them to me for 680... Because I didn't have a 10 and fiver for 675. Once I sell the wheels...I'll have a pretty cheap set of tires!

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
My new wheel and tire setup is getting closer to completion. I had to have one of the wheels welded... Had a small crack in the lip from dropping down on a rock. That is finished, just need to pick it up. I also picked up a new to me set of tires from an older gentleman tonight. He and his wife had a JK that was totaled out earlier this year. He had some aftermarket wheels and tires for it that he ran in the summer... Well, since the Jeep was totaled before he put the summer wheels on, he listed them on Craigslist. I was the first caller... Picked them up tonight.View attachment 51379 View attachment 51380

Tires are around 13/32 tread depth, so plenty of life in them. BFG KM2's . Load range D, 285/70R17. I was really leaning toward 35's, but after keeping up with all the guys on 35's on my last trip, decided I didn't need to go down that road. My Jeep is built around a 33" tire, and that's what these are. They look quite a bit bigger that my 32 x 10s too. The wheels will be going on down the road... Though my wife said she liked them : puke:

Anyway, if someone here likes them, let me know...I'll make you a good deal. They have about a 5" back space, 5x5 bolt circle, 8.5" wide, and 17" diameter. With a standard adapter, they should get you around the magic 3.75" backspacing you need for 12.5" wide tires on a TJ

Edit: almost forgot the best part... The price. Guy was asking 800, but he sold them to me for 680... Because I didn't have a 10 and fiver for 675. Once I sell the wheels...I'll have a pretty cheap set of tires!
Yes. Sell the rims! LOL Just not seeing those on a...well...on anything! ;)

Geez, I’ve been missing a lot. Nice moves, and no exlax required, though I vote for the bro rims and passing the Pintlers down the line, to me preferably. Should come out good on those tires when the wheels are gone! Great stuff!

Quick update...Mounted up the bro-dozer wheels and new tires, just to see what they drive and handle like. Much better look, IMHO. The wheels actually are not as bad as I thought they would be, either. They ride different than the KM's I had too...not really harsh or stiff, just different. They definitely follow grooves and whatnot on secondary roads worse than the 10" wide tires did. Anyway, I have my Pintlers sitting in the garage, just waiting their place in line for paint.

b7bERX6X-F1MNu0zV8qaywJYp7PgJmYlIbIcpUgKXC1NCIxzv7QHQvNSC4NVgZ8QX0LYRkQkzvhNC2AdwgA=w776-h582-no.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
Quick update...Mounted up the bro-dozer wheels and new tires, just to see what they drive and handle like. Much better look, IMHO. The wheels actually are not as bad as I thought they would be, either. They ride different than the KM's I had too...not really harsh or stiff, just different. They definitely follow grooves and whatnot on secondary roads worse than the 10" wide tires did. Anyway, I have my Pintlers sitting in the garage, just waiting their place in line for paint.

View attachment 53892
They actually don't look too bad, but cannot compare to what's going on your TJ soon. Interesting observation about the wider tires tracking differently (worse, it sounds like) with the less-than-stellar roads.