My BIL's new Harley

The only Indian Dealer I know of here is in Salem unless it's a new one. I did a 2 day run to Salt Lake for mine.

https://www.cyclecountry.net/

They have Jack for inventory. Sad, I bought a few Honda’s from them.

Beaverton has a lot of models to see.

And not that I need a dealer, never went to one for my Harley. It’s just nice to see and feel all the models I want.

What did you buy Jim?

Aw man, you’re making me miss my ‘79 low rider. It was an old school non rubber mount 80”, but had a rubber band drive. Black with red pin stripes and some Arlen Ness pull back drag bars.

Evo’s are badass. All of them are really. I LOVE motorcycles and Harley is a special one for me.

Got any pics?

They have Jack for inventory. Sad, I bought a few Honda’s from them.

Beaverton has a lot of models to see.

And not that I need a dealer, never went to one for my Harley. It’s just nice to see and feel all the models I want.

What did you buy Jim?
This is my Chief Vintage.

Vin Chief.jpg

Hey all! I found pics on the web of my last Harley. I thought they were lost! Enjoy!

I have looked at the Indian models before and I'll be honest I didn't like any of them. Now I use to dislike HD a lot when I rode sport bikes but I've grown to like them. I'll keep looking at the Indian and might go ride one but it's gunna be hard to go up against my HD. But it's not stock either.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rick Flair
I envy you motorcycle riders. I used to ride dirt bikes and ATVs as a kid, and always wanted to get an enduro or something to cruise around on. Working as an auto claims adjuster right after college ruined that for me, way too many horrific accidents where motorcyclists were killed and the other drivers had zero remorse. Stay safe out there.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Ride a new Indian and you won't want a Harley anymore, I promise. I wasn't a believer until I did (y)
My first bike was an old Indian . . . . it was just about enough to put you 'off' ever riding a motorcycle again.
Me: On the side of the road, dirty clothes, in a pool of oil . . . . with my 'really cool' Indian.
Friends: Riding by in their clean clothes, girl on the back . . . . on their 305 Honda Dream(s)

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Chris
My first bike was an old Indian . . . . it was just about enough to put you 'off' ever riding a motorcycle again.
Me: On the side of the road, dirty clothes, in a pool of oil . . . . with my 'really cool' Indian.
Friends: Riding by in their clean clothes, girl on the back . . . . on their 305 Honda Dream(s)
It’s a good thing the new ones are nothing like the old ones 🤣

Reactions: Wildman
This was my other 'Low Rider' . . . . . 113" S&S, 6speed, 115hp on the ground.
As to the 'wonderfulness' of Harley-Davidson . . . . . in reality, it's a mediocre product with absolutely superb marketing. Many may disagree with me, and that's good. Have been riding these mediocre motorcycles for for 40+ years, and you're wondering 'why' . . . . they have a real charm to them. Sitting on an older H-D is like sitting on an irrigation pump . . . . charming nonetheless. As to the marketing, H-D wraps itself in the American flag . . . the 'All American Motorcycle' etc. In truth, if you removed the Japanese parts/components made by Showa Machine Works, the bike in the picture wouldn't have wheels, front forks, brakes, etc. . . . . well, so much for the All American concept.
On the other hand, Honda Gold Wings were being made in the USA.
The Low Rider in my previous photo was purchased new in late 1991 . . . . a very charming irrigation pump to straddle. Have traveled many years in Canada and the western US with it. It's my old friend . . .
To you newer H-D disciples . . . . enjoy the 'All American Motorcycle' as I have for many miles/years.
Every bike has a masculine/feminine aspect. You'll know/feel this as soon as you throw a leg over your bike. The one above is 'Ramona' . . . . . the other one in my previous post is 'Lucille'
Ride safe folks . . . . 😎

IMG_0708.JPG

I have NEVER thought HD's were an all American bike. It's just like many cars that people use to say I'm buying American when half the rig was made some place else.

But I'll agree with you that there is SOMETHING about HD motorcycles and I can't explain it to others who don't get it. And yep I could ride other bikes like a Gold Wing or a BMW touring bike but it wouldn't be a Harley. I came into the Harley world thru the back door. I started out on a Buell so I got to enjoy the PERFORMANCE side of HD before I got a actual HD. And now I have a CVO and I do get why people will pay so much to own one. They are a great bike and the added things that make it a CVO is what makes it special.