Need advice on 35” tires

my opinion, found with 35’s for looks is easily as valid as doing it for wheeling clearance. It’s about having fun, I can promise you wouldn’t be in the first 20 million guys in America that pit mods on a vehicle for looks. Who cares, if these guys can get you enough clearance for street use 35’s don’t put on 33’s and wait.

Just own it, don’t come back and whine if something goes wrong when you try that old off-road trail, ha.
😂 I mean I wouldn’t whine if it came to that. Like I mentioned before, I don’t ever plan on selling the Jeep. If anything I would keep it as my off road toy once I get another car in the future. I have a seasonal job coming up for the winter break and planned on getting the adjustable upper control arms since I currently just have the bottom (long story). I put on power stop z36 truck and tow brakes. They have good reviews (I know it won’t beat the black magic big brake kit), but the z36 is supposed to work if you have bigger tires than stock. Figured I give it a shot.

and to add onto what you said, yeah I like how the 35s look but I also had plans for this thing in the future with 35s involved therefore I figured I would ask what others thought.

😂 I mean I wouldn’t whine if it came to that. Like I mentioned before, I don’t ever plan on selling the Jeep. If anything I would keep it as my off road toy once I get another car in the future. I have a seasonal job coming up for the winter break and planned on getting the adjustable upper control arms since I currently just have the bottom (long story). I put on power stop z36 truck and tow brakes. They have good reviews (I know it won’t beat the black magic big brake kit), but the z36 is supposed to work if you have bigger tires than stock. Figured I give it a shot.

and to add onto what you said, yeah I like how the 35s look but I also had plans for this thing in the future with 35s involved therefore I figured I would ask what others thought.
So just read your profile again....sorry, shouldn't have assumed you're a guy, ha.

So, yes Maam I'd go with 35's and others would say no. I'd research the brand, there are some that run a little bigger in general, I almost always get BFG Mud's or All Terrain's on my vehicles, and the 35's run a little smaller usually (there is no exact until they are on, under your load and measured).

You've stated multiple times you do no wheeling, and in Houston you certainly aren't Rock Crawling (I grew up there.....Bayou City is a swamp, ha). Under that assumption, you're street driving, and the "clearance" shouldn't be an issue, because you won't be pushing it that way. This is why I say since you need new tires, get the 35's.

You can look at new springs and getting higher...but....that changes the drive train. You have a Rubicon so won't be as bad, but if you go a 1.25" body lift from Savvy or even a cheaper brand that people still recommend, then you get some more clearance, a cooler look with 35's that don't look squashed....and you are keeping your suspension where it is....for now so it shouldn't change much or add vibrations etc,.

Summary, you get the 35's look, don't have to replace more suspension parts now, body lift is more manageable cost right now, and you can do everything you want or have listed out. Not everyone is building a rock crawler that needs full articulation etc, ha. You can always come back and do that after college....kind of curious which one by the way, good luck in school and on the project.

Reactions: Daredevil96