Need help identifying this part

PFPJeep

Supporting Member
I was torqueing the bolts to my motor mounts and found this bracket/part between the motor and the mount bracket. Passenger side.
Any ideas what it is?
InkedIMG_20220217_110557_Greatness_LI.jpg

IMG_20220217_110231_Greatness.jpg
IMG_20220217_110155_Greatness.jpg

Looks like a distributor lockdown plate. It keeps the distributor from turning, which changes the timing.
After a quick Googling you are correct!
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Now to find a bolt to put it back on.. and hope that I haven't messed up the timing

Reactions: Irun
After a quick Googling you are correct!
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Now to find a bolt to put it back on.. and hope that I haven't messed up the timing
It should be fine. You'll know if it isn't, because it will run like crap!

It should be fine. You'll know if it isn't, because it will run like crap!
LoL,
I've never tried to start it..

Internet: Hey since it's been sitting for like 7 years, you know you should probably change the fluids and clean the old paint thinner smelling gas tank before you attempt to start it, right?

Me: Ok, while I have the tank dropped I'll change out the fuel pump.
You know what else is much easier with the tank down? The rear shocks, the rear track bar, and the bolts for the new bumper.

And so the story goes....
While I have the skid dropped, I'll change the transfer case fluid, the transmission fluid and the downstream O2 sensor. Hey you know what else is easier with the skid dropped? The cable shifter.

When I put on the body lift and motor mount lift to clear the cheap JL takeoffs I bought, I broke off the return line to the power steering reservoir. Cool, that fluid just about changed itself!!

This Jeep stuff is FUN!!