New 2006 LJ: suspension identification help needed

lowell66dart

Supporting Member
I have been looking locally (South Louisiana) for a Jeep to replace a 2001 Tundra. This one popped up 45 minutes away and I took it home. It had 35x12.50x15 Milestar mud tires on it and really didn't ride/drive bad. Decent power too. New tires and wheels yesterday.

Has a slight miss so I put a set of plugs in and its helped but still not sewing machine smooth at idle. Only on my second tank of fuel. Just ordered all fluids and that is next. After going to change the radiator, hoses, thermostat etc just because.

Anyway, the 30ish young lady that owned it didn't know much. Rubber duck thing. She bought it in Alabama so it's been a Southern Jeep and doesn't appear to ever have been wheeled. Here's a few pics. I want to change all the control arm bushings but these lowers don't look factory. Anyone want to guess the height or brand of the lift. Shocks and springs are painted silver.

thumbnail (54).jpg

thumbnail (55).jpg

thumbnail (56).jpg

thumbnail (57).jpg

thumbnail (58).jpg

Not sure anyone needs to guess at the lift height....but I'd guess 3.5" maybe, but you can measure really easily and know.

Measure the spring perch on axle to the frame perch. Stock is 12", anything above is lift. Rear stock distance is 8" and anything above is lift.

I'm not sure why you would change the radiator??? Flush with Thermocure and change out hoses and fluids and thermostat, that makes sense. I wouldn't change the radiator unless you're seeing an issue that's just me.

Very nice looking TJU/LJ. Nice find.