Maine New England folks?

Ardenlonewolf

TJ Enthusiast
Anybody lurking from New England, more specifically Maine and southern New Hampshire? I got a camp in Millinocket and grew up running trails up there. Stationed in Boston, Coast Guard active duty, got some buddies I convinced to buy TJ's that go out on Class 6 roads in NH.

IMG_20190202_162834194.jpg

DSC01370.JPG

@Tranz Zam thanks, I live on the northshore also. Last year I seen a group of TJs on class 6 trails west of Manchester while dirt biking and thought I need to hook up with a group like that. Summer time on those old trails is all I can think about during winter haha.

Reactions: ToddK
Southern NH here. Just bought a 2005 LJ that I'm looking forward to building. Would be up for some trails for sure.

Anybody lurking from New England, more specifically Maine and southern New Hampshire? I got a camp in Millinocket and grew up running trails up there. Stationed in Boston, Coast Guard active duty, got some buddies I convinced to buy TJ's that go out on Class 6 roads in NH.

View attachment 77379

View attachment 77380
Just relocated from Nevada about a month ago. I’m on the south coast but that isn’t too far at all. Looking to explore some east coast wheeling if this shit weather ever goes away!

Reactions: Ardenlonewolf

View attachment 77379

View attachment 77380
I bought a duck boat from a young man that lived in NH and was stationed in the Boston Coast Guard!

I'm from Maine, I have a camp not to far from you just south of Moosehead! Lots or great trails just about anywhere in Maine.
i've spent a lot time in Moosehead and the golden road growing up, been away on the west coast for 10 years and came back and its still the same, except for Monson, wow! More of those damn side by sides though.

Just relocated from Nevada about a month ago. I’m on the south coast but that isn’t too far at all. Looking to explore some east coast wheeling if this shit weather ever goes away!
Welcome to Taxachussets, I came from Oregon 2 years ago. Really miss the open ranges of eastern oregon, nevada, utah, etc. But New England has its own charm. With a TJ you got some many "class 6" highways trails to find in NH. Maine is mostly logging roads or camp roads. Haven't gotten time to explore Vermont much in summer. Western mass has stuff hidden that locals would know about.

If you guys are interested, check out one of the many clubs that make up the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs. (NEA4WD). It’s a group made up of roughly 30-34 Offroad clubs throughout the northeast, from Long Island to Maine. They advocate for safe, legal off-roading. The clubs run from stock friendly for basic trail riding to extreme, buggy based clubs.

The unique NE regional attitude towards offroad motorized recreation doesn’t provide much for those in our past time. At least compared to the west, southwest where public land is abundantly avail for wheelers.

In addition to the class 6 stuff in NH and VT, and some in Mass, The NEA owns some of its own property and each club works to form relationships with private landowners for access to property. They, in turn open those properties up to other clubs within the organization for use. It’s quite a unique and awesome situation for those of us up here in the land of “no”.

See you on the trails....

i've spent a lot time in Moosehead and the golden road growing up, been away on the west coast for 10 years and came back and its still the same, except for Monson, wow! More of those damn side by sides though.
Yes, Monson Abbot, & Moosehead have all been bought up by people "from away"! They are turning it into an artsy, fartsy, treehugging commune and posting everything up. The side by sides have become such a nuisance that they changed the laws banning the use of them in alot of areas. They are also allowing Jeeps back on the "jeep trails" that the atvs took over. If ever in Monson' Spring Street Barbecue is an absolute must stop. Geez you can smell it for miles and it is delicious!