New guy here

ReelFishBoss

Hello all!
I'm not sure I stopped here to introduce myself. I think I posted my ride instead.
Born and raised in shelby north carolina, currently living in sussex county new jersey.
Bought a 98 jeep wrangler sport a few weeks back and been doing a little work on it. Eventually hope to upgrade to the ribicon.
Here are a few pictures as I found the rig. Bone stock tj (except with newer MT black classics and 33"general grabbers) half doors, hardtop, 4.0l w/5speed manual trans.
Thanks for reading!

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

That's always a classy color for a TJ. Any immediate plans for it?

Take it from someone who own's a Rubicon (me), if you plan on heavily modifying your Jeep, the Rubicon isn't worth it. If I could start all over, I would have just bought a Sport model or similar. I've got so much money into my build that it's basically pointless for me to have bought a Rubicon.

However, if you don't plan on going crazy with the build, then yes, the Rubicon would be the way to go.

Reactions: ReelFishBoss
welcome

How's the frame on the rig (assuming a N.E. Jeep)?

Found in Montauk NY of all places. There is very little rust actually guess due to the fact it has 51,300 miles on it.

Doing the interior now but as I work I'm taking pics... will do the same as I poke around the frame and general exterior.
Really wish I had the dana 44 axles but i have to deal with what I have, the 30 and 35.

Welcome. I was born and raised in Sparta so I’m quite familiar with Sussex County. However been in Florida now for 35 years.

Nice Jeep. I assume you have a hardtop. You are going to need it headed into winter.

Hello all!
I'm not sure I stopped here to introduce myself. I think I posted my ride instead.
Born and raised in shelby north carolina, currently living in sussex county new jersey.
Bought a 98 jeep wrangler sport a few weeks back and been doing a little work on it. Eventually hope to upgrade to the ribicon.
Here are a few pictures as I found the rig. Bone stock tj (except with newer MT black classics and 33"general grabbers) half doors, hardtop, 4.0l w/5speed manual trans.
Thanks for reading!

View attachment 64669

View attachment 64670

View attachment 64671
Nice TJ.

I know you said bone stock, except for the wheels and 33" tires, but I can say with assurance, that is not a bone stock suspension. If you had 33" tires on a stock suspension, you'd have about 1" of space between the top of the tire and the fender flares. You have to have some type of lift on there, and it looks close to 4"...

Welcome. I was born and raised in Sparta so I’m quite familiar with Sussex County. However been in Florida now for 35 years.

Nice Jeep. I assume you have a hardtop. You are going to need it headed into winter.

Yeah I have the hardtop but I took it off and the jeep is parked in my garage for this winter while I do some work to it.

I'm hesitating to drive it just yet with salt and the brine they put on the road here... drives me crazy what it does to my cars and pickups. Yet the state continues using it!

Nice TJ.

I know you said bone stock, except for the wheels and 33" tires, but I can say with assurance, that is not a bone stock suspension. If you had 33" tires on a stock suspension, you'd have about 1" of space between the top of the tire and the fender flares. You have to have some type of lift on there, and it looks close to 4"...

Maybe but I cannot say for certain.
An old man had it and if it was raised it was by the people who I bought it from. I'm the 3rd owner and those I bought it from must have started a project and never finished.

Did they come from the factory with rancho shocks?

Maybe but I cannot say for certain.
An old man had it and if it was raised it was by the people who I bought it from. I'm the 3rd owner and those I bought it from must have started a project and never finished.
You can measure the height of the springs, from the bottom spring pad to the top of the spring, not including the top rubber spring isolater, with the Jeep on flat ground. Stock is 8" rear, 12" front. Anything above that is the lift amount.

Last edited: