New guy in Indiana

EarlDixson

New to the forum. I live in northern Indiana. Retired from the Air Force.

I had a CJ-2 back in the mid 70s and have had Scouts, Toyotas, a Subaru, a Suzuki and I just bought a 2000 TJ Sahara. I've only had it one day and like it a lot so far.

It has the 4.0 engine, 5 speed, soft top, 15" wheels with 31x10.5x15 tires. The frame has been rust repaired and it looks like a good job.

I think I'll be asking a lot of questions. I look forward conversing with many of you and maybe meeting some folks IRL thru the forum.

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you! You're definitely in the right place :)

Welcome to the Best TJ Forum in the World. Congratulations on your new TJ. I also hail from Indiana (Patron State of Salting the Roads).

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the jungle! Post some pics of your Sahara! What do you have planned for it?

♪♬ if a man ever needed dying, he did ♫♩ ♭

But seriously.

It's not going to be my daily driver but I want to keep it in DD condition just in case. I like offroading and camping although I haven't been camping in years. For the immediate future I plan to learn to like it and teach it to like me. Gotta get a couple child seats for the grandkids (they already like it plenty). New tires, hardtop, a bull bar, some alley lights and some serious backingup lights. I'm a ham so a 2m/440 radio.

Eventually, first aid and recovery gear, camping gear and a ROAD TRIP!

No pics yet.

Reactions: Flivver250