New Jeep owner

nwforegonduck

I've never owned a jeep but I have always wanted one. My wife found a guy that wanted to trade his 2000 for my 2006 Tundra so we made the trade. I love my jeep but now I have no clue what anything is and how to work all these extra things the guy put on it. Lol!

20200313_183503.jpg

20200311_172346.jpg

Reactions: oldtimer
Nice Looking Jeep. You came to the right place. All kinds of knowledge and help here. Welcome :)

Boy that's nice looking Sahara. You found the best TJWrangler forum available.

All the know how is here.. just ask... and welcome.. nice jeep👍

Remember Wednesday is always Sahara day here... You get five posts free .... @Hog can answer any questions, he runs the Sahara stuff, Chris has got me on Rubicon member activities all spring , so you can guess who's parking up front at Wranglerrama this summer.

Also this year , bring a JL owner and get in free...make the JL owner pay the cover charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: lowranger
One of the best TJ colors as well, talk about a score!

Welcome to the forum!

One of the best TJ colors as well, talk about a score!

Welcome to the forum!
Chris ,
Can you get him a 100 point boost if he pulls those flares, or 50 if we pull them? Just don't get me shot like removing that light bar nearly did last month.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
That's a good looking Jeep. The fender flares aren't my favorite but they're not the worst. I'd dispose of those tube steps today but that's just what I'd do.

The wheels look pretty good but the tires are another story, both bad and good. I know they say AT3 but when I bought my Rabbit Truck 20 years ago it came with 13" white wall tires with a more aggressive tread.
Those tires Bad- you're driving a mall crawler with a lift kit (and a winch?).
Those tires Good- nothing has gotten beat up while off roading because the farthest it's gone is someone's front yard.

The quality of the lift kit can end up either bad or good. Some prove which way sooner than others but you haven't mentioned any horror stories while driving which is good at this point.

After my rambling on, now I'll ask. What are your current plans for this Jeep? Daily Driving? Rock crawling? Pulling behind an RV?

Even if it's already perfect in your eyes and you want to change nothing you're in the right forum.

Oh yeah, MORE pictures are required!

1st off, I filled the last slot for potato salad, so that is all filled up. Seems nobody has taken the 'ambrosia salad' yet.
2nd off, is that original paint?
C, those tires are fantastic for a daily driver with light to medium trail riding. The posers are the ones with Patagonia tires that sound like a jet engine as they drive to the nail salon and soccer practice.

My question is, how much SaltLife has it endure? Salty beach or Salt water splashing won't make for a long life.
Otherwise it looks fabulous what's the miles ?

very nice!! welcome to the forum. I was in the same boat as you several months ago. Everyone here is more than helpful and willing to lend a hand. One word of advice, PICTURES. Lots of pictures when posting questions. You'll be surprised at how quick you'll get spot on advice from multiple forum members. They've seen it all.

Be sure to check out the resources section, familiarize yourself with the FSM for your year and be prepared - the more you learn the more you'll spend but it's well worth it!