New owner of a 2004 RHD

Pacman0939

I wanted another SUV for trails and camping after driving an econobox for the last year. Having paid the Toyota tax too many times (4th gen 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, FJ80, FZJ80, LX470, and lastly a 2003 Land Cruiser). I wanted something capable and relatively cheap I settled on looking for an older Jeep Wrangler.

After looking at rust bucket after rust bucket (my budget was $4,000) I came across a rust free 2004 TJ with the 4.0.
$3,600 later and she's mine. Seller (a tow yard) said several buyers we're put off by the RHD and he just wanted it off his lot.

IMG-9602.jpgIMG-9605.jpg

Rust free except the the rear corner that sustained some damage in a minor collision. Unknown to me RHD came with a Dana 44 rear.

The underside, interior floor, and frame are all rust free except for some minor surface spots here and there. I'll need a replacement top as the hard top was cracked in several places as part of the collision and repair the rear corner.

No fluid leaks, just a weeping power steering hose line. All fluids look good. Transmission shifts smoothly. Engine has a misfire on cylinder 1 and is throwing codes for P0301 and P0201 but otherwise runs fine.

Windshield wipers - I've read that sometime wiring can work it's way loose near the wiper motor, I'll dig into this at some point soon.
Turn signals - Don't function at all, no click from the relay, no dash indicator, nothing.
Wheels - Not sure what brand but they are UGGGLY

I've found these 3 connectors under the passenger side glove compartment of my RHD TJ; any assistance on what these are for would be welcome. Can't see anywhere they could be plugged in.
IMG-9859.jpg

I feel like I got a good deal over all for a running and driving Wrangler.

Reactions: PRNDL and Tob
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.