New owner

UKRR

Greetings from the UK.
I have just purchased a 2004 Sport 4.0 manual. It is the proverbial one old lady owner car and totally original. It is very solid underneath and as you can see from the picture the tub is remarkably clean except for these matching holes either side just ahead of the roll bar mountings. Are there any repair sections available for this area and does anyone have any advice on the best way to tackle the job?
832DB273-651A-493E-BC07-01E2405B1338.jpeg
108F4364-868E-4CB5-B92D-919D73231AD1.jpeg
411CA120-163B-4CA5-BA89-A5F3907E5714.jpeg

I have no answer other than just repair it with whatever sheet metal you can get your hands on, cutting it to fit and bending it to fit whatever shape it needs to be. Checking for other areas that need fixed, especially the frame, would be a good idea too.

Hopefully bumping this to the top will help you get some better answers, or who knows, maybe I gave the best. We shall see.

I'd check the frame for damage. Most Wranglers in the states suffer severe frame damage before the tub is rusted like that. It isn't much use to fix a tub on a frame that is already damaged.

Luckily the frame is completely solid. We have the car on a ramp now and can’t find any problems. Those two holes are the only rust on the entire car and seem to be the result of water collecting in that specific area and soaking the carpet. As no one seems to offer a repair piece we will go down the patch weld route. The original factory welding and heavy application of seam sealant isn’t exactly a thing of beauty so it won’t look much worse!