New soft top and hardware

This is a great forum... especially with me being so new to the Jeep world. I am sold on Bestop... and all seem to agree with the quality.

In my recent search for a new soft top for my 2003 TJ (with a disintegrating and leaking Rampage frameless soft top)... I see the Bestop option at ~$1500 (I need upper doors); that's a ton for me. The new QuadraTop Gen II Complete Soft Top with Upper Doors is coming in $600 less!!! I truly get the Bestop value, but does anyone have experience with this new QuadraTop?.... or reasons to avoid it? At this price difference, I would try it and return if it's a problem, but since I never had a top frame on this Jeep, I'd hate to be drilling holes for the mechanics and brackets which would potentially have to be re-drilled/re-positioned if I have to move to Bestop later.

Thank you in advance. -M

I don't see anything in the description that would lead me to believe that the Quadratec frame would fit anything but stock mounting positions. So I don't think you have to worry about that. I could be wrong. But I'd check into it. It says OEM hardware.

There are several of us on here that don't run Bestops. As we simply have other areas of the Jeep that need financial input. I've run a Rampage top for over a year. With no issues once I figured out how to fully fit it to my Jeep. It was $182 new. But I live in Socal too. So take that with a grain of salt. Not alot of rain here. Although when it has it has not leaked.

Bestop is far and away the best though. Someday I will afford one. Or they will come out with my favorite Khaki color. Which they don't have. And another reason I went with another brand.

There are several long threads around here about soft tops. Comparing many different brands. Bestop and Quadretec aren't the only games in town. But in this category you get what you pay for. But a budget top will work. For an undetermined amount of time. Bestop will last longer.

With a lot of Jeep parts, you get what you pay for. I believe it was @Chris who was quoted with the following; "Buy once, cry once."

That's a saying much older than Chris. But true. Very very true.

I wish I had not passed on that Bestop OEM Khaki soft top for $350 this passed year. Killing myself over that one. lol.

Yep, when I see people wasting their money on cheap tops, I just roll my eyes. There's a reason they are cheap, and there's also a reason Bestop is the OE supplier for Mopar factory tops.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Bestop has been the supplier for factory Jeep soft tops for 30 years.

I'm not sure anything else comes close.

Reactions: Fouledplugs