New to Jeeps

BigLou

I just purchased the jeep a few days ago. Drove it for over an hour back to my hometown with the air conditioning on and it did great. However when I got home and allowed it to idle with air-conditioning on, it began to overheat. As soon as I turn off the air conditioner and drive around town it does fine noticed that the air conditioning cool air wasn’t that cold so it may need refrigerant. Right now going to try to figure out the overheating issues. I was told the radiator was replaced with an aftermarket as well as the thermostat. It appears to have the original water pump on it. The vehicle only has a little over 100,000 miles on it. Looking forward to reading posts and getting feed back on this forum.

F4B06AB6-E78C-43F1-94FF-CC43035808D2.jpeg

9347FFFF-D5CC-457F-AC99-E0C85520BF5B.jpeg

675B8974-4FE1-447F-A2C2-8679C9A576D3.jpeg

64D8F43E-0C64-4672-86DF-6F2FE1D6457C.jpeg

8156E8F0-EE20-4B2F-8FFF-134452F96741.jpeg

C07F7A23-1C29-4F22-A383-4D83BBB04611.jpeg

Check your fan clutch. With the engine up to temp, shut the engine off and try to spin the fan by hand. Does it spin easily? If so replace the clutch.

Reactions: Flivver250
Looks like a nice clean jeep. A/C issues can be a PITA. You may want to just take it to an A/C shop and have them do a dye test. (or buy the dye and a uv light and DIY)

Looks like a great looking TJ.

I would definitely take a look at the aftermarket cooling system components as being a potential cause of overheating.

Reactions: Alex01
Looks like a great looking TJ.

I would definitely take a look at the aftermarket cooling system components as being a potential cause of overheating.
To add to this you may also want to check that they properly bleed the system of air bubbles.

Reactions: pagrey and Chris
You might post a picture of the radiator or fan area in the engine compartment. Some mechanics leave off the fan shroud and do other strange things when they mess around with the cooling system. Since you are newer to Jeeps you might not notice if something is quite a bit off, might help get to the bottom of the issue a little easier.

Reactions: Alex01
You might post a picture of the radiator or fan area in the engine compartment. Some mechanics leave off the fan shroud and do other strange things when they mess around with the cooling system. Since you are newer to Jeeps you might not notice if something is quite a bit off, might help get to the bottom of the issue a little easier.
Ok. Fan shroud is intact but I get that there could have been a mistake made by the mechanic. Thanks!