NGK / NKT 23151 O2 Sensor Discontinued

c_bronson

Today, I bought some replacement O2 sensors. Thankfully, I was able to find a couple of places with the NKT 23151 in stock. From what I've seen and heard though, this part is discontinued.

With that said, is there an acceptable "replacement" anyone has discovered should we need to order this sensor again and it's no longer in stock? Has anyone experienced this yet?

For now the difference between the two upstream sensors is the wire length and connector. If you really care all you have to do is re pin the 23135 for the other upstream. As far as I know Bosch is the only really know bad apple for our Jeeps. I would try Denso or Delphi if I didn't want to change the connector. At $25 it's not the end of the world if it throws a code.

Reactions: Chris and L J
I read the same bad news last week. No idea what sensor brand that could be used to replace NTK/NGK sensors.
Well, that definitely doesn't bring any comfort if you don't know any good substitutes.
Sure their not putting out with a new number due to an upgrade or change to the sensor?
Could be the story, I haven't dived deep enough into it to see if that's the case.
For now the difference between the two upstream sensors is the wire length and connector. If you really care all you have to do is re pin the 23135 for the other upstream. As far as I know Bosch is the only really know bad apple for our Jeeps. I would try Denso or Delphi if I didn't want to change the connector. At $25 it's not the end of the world if it throws a code.
At least that's a solution for some people. Unfortunately, I only have the one upstream and one downstream. I've heard others suggest Denso but more as a "something is better than nothing" suggestion...