Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

I didn't think about it before, but the flat spot in the top of the fender had me wondering. Anyway, it definitely gives it that retro look. That's pretty cool, man!

IMG_20191105_024825-01.jpeg

I can't for sure, but it looks like you lined it up with the trim line on the hood that swoops up to the windshield hinge?

I can't for sure, but it looks like you lined it up with the trim line on the hood that swoops up to the windshield hinge?

If I did, it wasn't intentional.😆 I was mainly going for a little yellow being shown between the bottom of the hard top and the top of the decal. If I'm thinking right, doesn't the bodyline you mentioned line up perfectly with the bottom of the hard top? If it does, then the decal would be maybe 1" below that body line in the picture.

If I did, it wasn't intentional.😆 I was mainly going for a little yellow being shown between the bottom of the hard top and the top of the decal. If I'm thinking right, doesn't the bodyline you mentioned line up perfectly with the bottom of the hard top? If it does, then the decal would be maybe 1" below that body line in the picture.
I believe it does haha

Reactions: bedhed
Thanks, man! No problem at all. Now I'm looking forward to seeing it on there. I think it looks good! Retro!
Bro it looks so good! I have to do it haha! Super retro but in a good way 👍🏼

Reactions: bedhed
CCEBDE2C-DD5E-4EDC-B291-7B542129546B.jpeg

foam laid and taped until I ran out of tape. F it, I’m not taping any more. Time to button it up and see if this hassle was worth it. The only thing I didn’t do was the doors, I can’t find my widow roller tool and I don’t want to mess up my panels so I’ll do those another time.

9F470F17-EC58-4521-9FD2-84D547F1D412.jpeg

all put back together. I have to say there is a difference for sure. Most noticeable on the freeway. The regular street driving isn’t super noticeable but on the freeway there’s a pretty significant difference. I’m having the top painted in the near future so I’ll be doing a headliner then and that should even further the sound difference.

B50F0E28-26A9-41ED-9AE6-D8ED22CFDF5E.jpeg

A little creature comfort addition today. Most forget that this is a 2006 with 2002 interior. My point is that the 2006 doesn’t have the connection to plug in the passenger airbag switch. So the little switch pod was wasted space. I’m going to be driving this jeep more often now and wanted to make use of this little area so I ordered this mopar coin tray from select model jeeps and installed it. I should have done this a long time ago.

sorry I don’t have pics but it was pouring right in SoCal today and while I was out running some early morning errands I heard a funny sound coming from the passenger side footwell. I look down to see water pouring straight down out from under the dash. I turned off the ac and drove into a parking lot and checked it out. Straight steam of clear water from the blower motor fan. After a little research I started at the easiest check. Cowl drain might be clogged and if so water flows into ac intake and out the blower motor (usually). So I set the wipers to off (important to do that so you know where they go when putting them back on) then removed them and the 7 Phillips head screw holding the cowl on. 4 along the windshield, one on the grate, and two under the gasket under the hood. Sure enough the drain was clogged, cleaned out as much gunk as I could and all the water drained out. No more waterfall in the cockpit. Once it stops raining here I’ll open it back up and pump some clear water through it or compressed air.

Love the build and that color combo is killer. About how much weight was added in the sound proofing department? Looks great! enjoy it with the family

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Love the build and that color combo is killer. About how much weight was added in the sound proofing department? Looks great! enjoy it with the family
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the compliments. This forum is so great, a lot of love going around. Hard to say on the weight. Maybe 30lbs? It wasn’t a terrible amount of weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ephry73
Did a little maintenance today.
E6395AED-3764-4FE7-9977-B504E1D3D12B.jpeg
Here is some daylight through the hole
CA24480E-C38B-4134-ABB8-64A421D47805.jpeg
pretty quick and easy job. This is how I removed the little shifter cap.
90D7B035-22CD-4548-AE80-8F3A4495127A.jpeg
5A707F72-33F3-4777-B757-6368A6CEEF85.jpeg
i did it this way because the last time I pried it out I screwed up the shifter knob, it’s only rubber so I just screwed in a self tapping screw until it popped out. A new cap was cheap.
734BAD9A-6890-4161-BD22-347E49AADE36.jpeg
i cracked this shifter boot bezel when I did the interior swap a while back so I ordered a new boot and bezel
C216C1B8-375F-4688-90B6-54984CEC5983.jpeg
8EAF8D32-43A4-4FC4-9664-423F634B51F1.jpeg

To remove the lower dust boot and make it easy on myself I removed the shifter knob, the front portion of the center console, and the shifter
77F547B0-FDE5-4719-851C-5F80487ECBD8.jpeg

I had to remove 4 of the bolts on the transfer case shifter plate as well. The bolt holding the shifter on is a T-40 torx under a rubber boot. I tightened all the bolts to just tight because they are more or less held in by little clip on fasteners and rivnuts.
30CD0059-9F9D-4630-8A00-5CA3605F0261.jpeg
07953A5B-09DE-4AB1-8471-3DF9F2408FBC.jpeg

all buttoned up. Took about 30 minutes. It’s a little quieter. I’m thinking the real difference will be in the summertime, heat would just radiate from the tunnel before. The new boot is tight. Pops out of gear in 2nd and 4th now. I’m sure it’ll break in though