Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Looking good, man! Seeing your progress pictures makes me want to go through mine and do some little repairs that we all tend to overlook. Looks like a fun project.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Looking good, man! Seeing your progress pictures makes me want to go through mine and do some little repairs that we all tend to overlook. Looks like a fun project.
As always thanks brother. It was a nice break from the busy holiday madness. The little bits of maintenance and small repairs are, in my opinion, what keep the jeep new. The details are what keep it looking like it just came out of the box.

I was stationed in San Diego from 08-15 and made the drive to my home in Ohio many times, it’s fun! The scenery is amazing. Cool build!
It is a great drive. The military is what brought me to San Diego as well. What branch were you in? I served from 2002-2011. Thanks for the compliment.

First at Miramar in the Marine Corps then Coronado in the Navy. Are you living back in Ohio now?
Yeah, got out, moved to OH, then used my GI Bill to obtain a degree. I do miss San Diego in the sense that everything is basically rust free, but I am a fan of different seasons and cheap cost of living. Not summer all year round and paying insane rent for somewhere not in the ghetto. Some people might call me crazy for that. There's pros and cons to both places though! Luckily my wife is from there so we go back and visit her family twice a year.

Yeah, got out, moved to OH, then used my GI Bill to obtain a degree. I do miss San Diego in the sense that everything is basically rust free, but I am a fan of different seasons and cheap cost of living. Not summer all year round and paying insane rent for somewhere not in the ghetto. Some people might call me crazy for that. There's pros and cons to both places though! Luckily my wife is from there so we go back and visit her family twice a year.
Ha ha, yeah definitely not cheap here. Makes jeep progress slow. I miss Michigan seasons for sure. I too separated and got a degree with the GI bill, working on my second one now. How far away are you from Daveys Jeep?

Upgraded
736A5435-2B7F-4CAF-BC80-261BFAC1D36B.jpeg
077EC1D0-2273-4955-A213-4A8A8E59D4C8.jpeg

I should have done this a long time ago. Huge difference.

I'm diggin the headlights, man. That's something I've been wanting to upgrade on mine too. Did you ever get around to dampening your doors?

Ever since adding aftermarket seats I effectively eliminated the fold and tumble feature of the front seats by any normal means. Now that I’m putting the kiddo in and out on a more regular basis I needed this feature so I rigged up a little pull lever todayView attachment 120777
I picked up a general purpose pull starter from the hardware store for a couple bucks and used 550 cord.View attachment 120778
under the seat I found the cross bar with the actuating lever that activates the fold and tumble and tied the other end of the 550 cord to it. Now my fold and tumble works by just a small pull on the starter handle instead of having to reach under the seat to turn the bar by hand.

That's a great idea, will need to do that too mine as well when my new seats show up

Crazy, We have the same front bumper, same winch hook, and same Garvin rear tire carrier. And...I grew up in San Diego. Nice Jeep. BTW is that the right fairlead for cable? I'm more partial to cable than synthetic so I don't follow the trends in that regard but isn't that fairlead for rope?

20171002_123932.jpg

Inked20180824_120147_LI.jpg

Last edited:
I'm diggin the headlights, man. That's something I've been wanting to upgrade on mine too. Did you ever get around to dampening your doors?
thanks, they’re awesome lights. I haven’t had the chance to dampen the doors yet. There’s a significant difference with just the tub though so I’m not in a hurry.

Reactions: bedhed