No doors armrests.

my big fat willy

image.jpeg
Finally got to work on these and finished them. Would like to design some that swing open for entry/exit ease. Maybe in a couple weeks. Like what I git for now tho

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How did you join the wood? Seems like it would just come right off with pressure

Yup, 90 degree brace from Lowes and a 1x2x4' piece of red oak that had been cut and left in the wood rack at Lowes also. Pretty cheap. I cut the pieces on my table saw and used a wood chisel to thin the vertical piece a bit so when I screwed the brace on it would still slide thru the door latch. Going to stain the wood and throw on a little water seal to protect them and paint the brace black to match all my newly paint trim pieces. They sit just a smidge low but are sturdy and comfortable enough (padding would be nicer but I think I like the wood look for my willys). I also picked up a 90 degree L bolt at Lowes the same day and put it through the door hinge on drivers side, two washers and couple nuts tightened up and I have a very easy foot rest.

Got a few more easy things I will be doing soon but I have some packing to do. Going on a little road trip to dig up Fenn's Treasure (google it, its a real treasure chest...), should have a blast whether we find it or not. Then I can reeeally do some tinkering with my big fat willy.

Woohoo! That looks almost redneck (in a good way).

Not a bad solution though, and it definitely serves a purpose. I'm always wishing I had someplace to rest my arms when the doors are off!