North Country Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Burglary, Arab, AL

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
“Arab “,
Alabama is a real town. It is 13 minutes south of me.

This is the town comedian Henry Cho’s wife is from- Amy Cavender was her maiden name.

The gifted artist Nall is from there, Nall Hollis, considered possibly the best draftsman alive by some.

Thieves broke in the dealership this past Sunday night and stole 300 keys, 8 cars valued at 1.2 million, and erased all video footage. It almost sounds like a movie heist. FBI involved.

I’m adding this-

You know if it was 1990 the paper would read “Thieves stole 8 Chrysler vehicles valued at $100,000 retail, but returned them once they realized how much they depreciated as they drove off the lot.”

One arrested suspect was quoted as saying “we will hit the Chevrolet dealership next time, we really don’t want to take that big of a hit....we can’t even give away a LeBaron”

Many dealerships these days have collectible cars on display. I know that a Ford dealer by me had all three versions of the GT on display when the latest model debuted. Those three cars along would likely exceed $1.2 million.

Also, I'd expect a little embellishment on unofficial, initial total value estimates.

Reactions: AndyG
Just like the selling price is inflated they probably included everything else...You just seemed like a remarkable situation.

Yeah, the 300 keys alone (which aren't keys anymore for new vehicles) could be $75k by itself ($250 per fob)...

Yes I was actually thinking about that too...

The other day someone approached me about a stock stereo with CD player because there’s had gotten wet and I just smiled and thought of a really cool guy that sent me one one time...

Reactions: sab