Not sure how to diagnose this squealing noise

RiverJo

Yesterday I changed out my oil Pan. Since then the check engine light appeared with the code P0138, which to my understanding has to do with the O2 sensor. Along with that my Jeep now squeals and I’m not sure what is causing it. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak but then was told an exhaust leak doesn’t sound like that. We are now thinking it’s the serpentine belt but we tried testing it by spraying water on it and it didn’t stop. When I press the clutch in the sound changes as well. I’m attaching a few videos. Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_7900.MOV
    10 MB
  • IMG_7890.MOV
    25.1 MB
First thing spray WD-40 Directly on the idler pulley bolt and see if the quietens down.

First thing spray WD-40 Directly on the idler pulley bolt and see if the quietens down.

Does it sound like a throw out bearing
Sprayed it last night and when I started it up today there’s little to no sound. Thanks for the tip. It’s weird though because it only makes some noise when I press on the clutch. So not sure what it was. I just know it’s gone now.

Sprayed it last night and when I started it up today there’s little to no sound. Thanks for the tip. It’s weird though because it only makes some noise when I press on the clutch. So not sure what it was. I just know it’s gone now.
It will likely come back if it is the idler, that trick usually just tells you where to target. They are inexpensive and readily available...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

If it comes back take the belt off and turn it by hand and see if it feels gritty. You can also start the engine with the belt off temporarily to see if the noise is gone