NP231 Trouble

TryHqrd

Hello,

I currently am having problems with my NP231, it started around 2 months ago with a clicking noise while coasting in the Jeep, then it became very bad driveline vibrations last weekend, when I inspected I noticed that the rear driveshaft U-Joints are bad and had partially damaged the yoke. This had already happened in July (4 months ago from this post) and I ended up replacing the u-joints and the yoke that time and had no problems. When I saw the same thing I replaced the U-joints (Not the yoke) and put it back together for work on Monday. The driveline vibrations were still there so when I pulled of the driveshaft I put the T-case in neutral and could feel/hear a clicking noise from the NP231 (Video Here). This past week I have been driving it as a FWD TJ and would like to go back to 4WD because I do not want to drive over 55 mph in 4H. Today I went to a junkyard to find a NP231J but only found a NP231D from a Dakota, if I am planning on only using the Dakota T-Case to replace any damaged components in my NP231J will I run into any problems?