Nuts for headlight assembly

sims3102

Finally installing LED headlights and of course all the screws and adjustments were rusted and stripped. Decided to buy the entire headlight assembly. Question is the posts that mount to the Jeep don't have nuts with them, am I supposed to use the old nuts? I am sure they might strip when taking them off. I would rather install new ones to the mounting post but have no idea what size they are. Tried to google everything but can find no mention of them.
Thanks for any help.

Finally installing LED headlights and of course all the screws and adjustments were rusted and stripped. Decided to buy the entire headlight assembly. Question is the posts that mount to the Jeep don't have nuts with them, am I supposed to use the old nuts? I am sure they might strip when taking them off. I would rather install new ones to the mounting post but have no idea what size they are. Tried to google everything but can find no mention of them.
Thanks for any help.

use the old nuts. if you need new nuts go to a hardware store with the headlight bucket and get the correct nuts.. it ain't that complicated

Reactions: TWiG01
I have reused the headlight hardware with no issue. Or find some new nuts that work at a hardware store.

use the old nuts. if you need new nuts go to a hardware store with the headlight bucket and get the correct nuts.. it ain't that complicated

Sorry to bother you, I know it's not complicated was trying to save time at my crappy Home Depot.

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho
Sorry to bother you, I know it's not complicated was trying to save time at my crappy Home Depot.

yikes.. i'd give you some sympathy if you were trying to order online but now i can just tell you're lazy.

take up blaine's offer, wouldn't want you to waste any more time going nuts

• Haha
Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ
I hope to use the old ones we shall see. lol. Trying to save time at my crappy home depot looking for the right size.

Hopefully you have a decent Ace Hardware nearby. If you go that route, get 8 nuts. That way, if/ when you lose or damage one, (it ALWAYS happens to me if I only get what I need. If I get more, things go perfectly and I have leftover hardware), you can still finish the project.