O2 sensor downstream #2 wire colors

HouTJ90

So the connector from my 05 tj harness was destroyed, it was crushed while doing transmission work) and I’m having trouble figuring out what color from harness goes to what color from sensor.
Harness has brown, brown/grey stripe, black/greenish stripe, blue
O2 sensor has white, white, black, grey.
Please help 😊 thanks

So the connector from my 05 tj harness was destroyed, it was crushed while doing transmission work) and I’m having trouble figuring out what color from harness goes to what color from sensor.
Harness has brown, brown/grey stripe, black/greenish stripe, blue
O2 sensor has white, white, black, grey.
Please help 😊 thanks

Bank 2 Sensor 2 (2005) in clockwise orientation looking from the back of the OEM connector

Green with Black tracer to Gray (bottom right)
Brown to Black (bottom left)
Blue to White (top left)
Brown with White tracer to White (top right)

Send me a 🍺 for that!

• USA Proud
Reactions: MikeE024
Bank 2 Sensor 2 (2005) in clockwise orientation looking from the back of the OEM connector

Green with Black tracer to Gray (bottom right)
Brown to Black (bottom left)
Blue to White (top left)
Brown with White tracer to White (top right)

Send me a 🍺 for that!

Thank you!! 🙏 🍻 I’ll splice my wires after work. Now I just hope the sensor isn’t damaged as well.

Reactions: JMT
Thank you!! 🙏 🍻 I’ll splice my wires after work. Now I just hope the sensor isn’t damaged as well.

That Bank 2 Sensor 2 Connector is a real pain to get too. I had a connector melt because it broke off the mount and must have been touching the engine.

Nice work @JMT

I feel your pain OP. The folks who changed my transmission stretched my B2S2 wiring and damaged the connector causing the four bare wires to short out the sensor and melt the jack-connector.

I discovered this after I cut the wiring in the harness to get the jack out from between the transmission and body’s

All has been good since I spliced in longer wiring to a new jack-connector that I got on rock auto…and replacing the sensor. I added plenty of length in hopes to avoid doing that stupidity again.

That Bank 2 Sensor 2 Connector is a real pain to get too. I had a connector melt because it broke off the mount and must have been touching the engine.
As if it’s not hard to get to as it is, it was even worse splicing into the even shorter cut wires. I did cut the end of a o2 sensor extension and used that so this should help with reaching it in the future.

Reactions: JMT
Nice work @JMT

I feel your pain OP. The folks who changed my transmission stretched my B2S2 wiring and damaged the connector causing the four bare wires to short out the sensor and melt the jack-connector.

I discovered this after I cut the wiring in the harness to get the jack out from between the transmission and body’s

All has been good since I spliced in longer wiring to a new jack-connector that I got on rock auto…and replacing the sensor. I added plenty of length in hopes to avoid doing that stupidity again.

I purchased a spare o2 sensor incase the original one is bad. I kept the original one on but not sure how long I should wait on the check engine to clear before I just install the new one. I’m thinking of adding the new one instead of waiting due to my inspection/registration being due by the end of the month. I’m really hoping no damage was done to my ECM.
😓 trying not to think about it.

I purchased a spare o2 sensor incase the original one is bad. I kept the original one on but not sure how long I should wait on the check engine to clear before I just install the new one. I’m thinking of adding the new one instead of waiting due to my inspection/registration being due by the end of the month. I’m really hoping no damage was done to my ECM.
😓 trying not to think about it.

I’d like to think that no long term damage will have happened, but I did benefit later with a Wranglerfix install…which was not needed to pass emissions.

Fwiw my rig didn’t take long after the fix to be emissions ready. I only did local drives that involved fully shutting off the rig and the computer was ready within a day or two.

If you are a tad late take photos of the work you did and show it to the DMV showing that you had to do the work. Maybe that will help, and hopefully any late fee would be minimal even if it’s not waived. Best of luck man.

Nice work @JMT

I have 03 tj check engine light on says po 138 engine code 02 sensor 1/2 circuit high I'm lost what is this