Oil Pressure Woes

cparker249

I just rebuilt my 2.5 and for about an hour of running it the oil pressure was consistent around 40psi which I’m pretty sure is what’s normal. Now, with the motor warm it’s at 65 psi at idle and 80 or above on road. Is this normal, I know it’s no the sending unit since that was replaced with the rebuild. My dad tells me that it’s just the beak in oil and the right bearing from the rebuild but I don’t know if I trust that.

I've read numerous posts concerning issues with aftermarket oil pressure sending units, so if it doesn't turn out to be something related to break in, you may try that. I'm sure someone else will chime in too.

I've read numerous posts concerning issues with aftermarket oil pressure sending units, so if it doesn't turn out to be something related to break in, you may try that. I'm sure someone else will chime in too.
I have had issues with aftermarket sending units before, I run a 4.0 and had an oil pressure that was all over the gauge. In order to know what your pressure actually is temporarily install a mechanical gauge you will know what is actually happening instead of being in the dark.

I have had issues with aftermarket sending units before, I run a 4.0 and had an oil pressure that was all over the gauge. In order to know what your pressure actually is temporarily install a mechanical gauge you will know what is actually happening instead of being in the dark.
I’m gonna be getting one of those tomorrow, hopefully that is just the problem. I’m not too concerned because I can see that oil is getting through the engine and to the rocker arms.

Reactions: Ante_Up