Options for protecting rear fender

My Lj has the premium package on it (or at least I think that's what its called) which among other things means the fenders are painted to match the body color. I have used the jeep in gravel and dirt more than the original owner ever did and now the paint on the leading edge of the rear fenders is starting to get gouged and chipped pretty heavily. Aside from installing mudflaps (have some, just have not gotten around to installing them) is their any type of plastic guard that I could install to cover the chipping and protect the paint. I'm thinking something similar to those guards they sell for the front fenders.

I've used 3M clear vinyl on my color matched rear flares to stop that. See? Of course you can't. It's clear. ;)

SAHARA JEEP2 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Does it hold up well or do you have to replace it often? I want something I can leave on for a few years and not worry about it.

The 3M stuff lasts a very long time. Still looked great after 8 years on my old Jeep. I put it over the front grille before it got any chips.
willys (3).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueC