Output seal?

Steveray

Long time jeep guy (Cj7, M38, M715) first time TJ owner now that they are 20+ years old....Thought I was doing a good thing finding one that was already upgraded with RE parts and others and slowly suffering the pains of being out of the loop on that stuff...Current dillema is rear output ( some sort of very short) seal leak plus erratic speedo led me to pulling that apart and I can't find seal numbers for a match....Seal seems to be just over 3" OD and 2" ID...Most of the ones I can find info on are more like 2.79"ish.....Anyone? TIA...

20240609_123859.jpg

I was thinking maybe Teraflex as I am struggling with finding the right VSS too....Seems like they did stuff a lil different than others?

Have you tried reaching out to teraflax and jb conversions?

Not yet...just figured this out when I tore it apart today...was hoping to match the seal up at my local NAPA...Ordered the TF seal from Amazon as I don't want to disable it for too long..Googling told me that the JB one was 2.79ish OD I believe...

Reactions: Rickyd
I got a TF one and a rugged ridge...of course the cheaper RR one fit...now to figure out the erratic speedo problem as proper torque on the yoke didn't seem to fix that...and I don't want to spend 150 on a RR sensor unless someone knows of an alternative to that...