Pacer Soft 8 Wheel Durability?

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I'm becoming more and more cautious around finances to beef up and solidify my Jeep. With that out of the way, I had been told by the previous owner that the whees were steel (the owner before gim bought them). I knew that I'd want to replace them with aluminum down the road, especially before I got into any semi hardcore off roading.

Well, it turns out that he was completely wrong - these wheels are in fact a one piece aluminum construction. I never thought twice about the material of these wheels after I bought the Jeep, until the today when I examined a little scuff on one of them. From there, I gave it a magnet test and did a quick internet search, which confirmed they also made them in aluminum (funny thing is I cannot find them listed in steel any longer).

I don't know much about these wheels in terms of holding up against abuse off road. Should these guys be ok when I step it up a notch off road?

Hmmm...I saw one website that said they were "1-piece aluminum", and then I found this on another:

Pacer 297B Soft 8 Black wheels are sturdy wheels made of high quality and premium steel. They are suitable for on and off-road terrains. Pacer Soft 8 Black Wheels have a No- Spoke wheel design for a modern look to it. They come with a luxurious Black Finish for show stopping dominance on the road. Pacer Wheels 297B Soft 8 Black comes in 15 inches, 16 inches and 17 inches wheels.

• save.jpg
    Lowest Prices Online with deep discounts
  • confidence.jpg
    Buy With Confidenceusing our secure online store
  • support.jpg
    Expert Support service before and after sales
pacer-logo-nav-190.png

Pacer Wheels
Authorized Dealer

(Shrug)

I think you'll be just fine. It looks as if some places list them as steel, and others as aluminum. But if you have done the test and can confirm they are aluminum, that's going to be better than steel. Unless you're doing some serious bashing, I think there's no reason to worry about these at all.