Paint hard top vs soft top

I like hardtops, but in FL what would you be facing? Wind? Storms? Salt spray? How would the two tops hold up in the elements there? Those are things I would consider.

It's a Rocky Mountain Edition, it needs the hard top to keep the snow and ice out. :)
Only you can decide if you want a soft top or not. Or a bikini top, if you're not sure. Flip a coin if you have to.

If you put a soft top on it, the hard top will be easier to clean up and paint, sitting close to the ground.

Reactions: SPECWAR
There's nothing that says that you can't have both. If you get a frameless soft top, you don't have to add much hardware to make it work in good weather. Remove it and put the hardtop back on when the weather dictates.

It's your preference. I daily drove TJ's for years and always preferred a hardtop for day to day driving. It's quieter and is a lot easier to get in the back. If you go with a soft top I'd advise keeping the hard top around until you truly decide you don't want it. Personally, I haven't used my soft top in a couple of years now and probaly never will again. I keep it around mainly because I have an addiction to Jeep parts. As posted above there is no reason not to have both... or more. I have the hard top, soft top, bikini top, extended bikini top, extended mesh bikini top, windjammer, wrap around windjammer and tonaeu cover.

I was in that dilemma here in NC. But am keeping the hardtop/full doors for iffy weather and colder days. And doing Bimini extended trail top, half doors, and cargo net during summers. I need to acquire those 3 someday.
This was the look that convinced me of that combo. Seems like a good Florida look too😎
Screenshot_20230313-193449~2.png

Should I paint my faded hardtop, or buy a soft top? I live in Florida

If it’s a black hardtop you can take some Flood Penetrol to bring it back to life and with the money saved buy a soft top! 😉

Will be on year 3 with mine after applying multiple light coats and so far no fading!

06F39D40-CD4C-4606-9AD4-58AFB0D94D18.jpeg

Reactions: ranger101
I don’t have ac so windows are always down in the summer anyways but I always swap to the soft top once the weather is good. Only run my hard top in the winters of idaho with the snow and cold and it is nice but I’ve always loved the bikini top style(soft top with windows out is my favorite so I can throw everything back up in a storm) even as a daily I’ve loved the excitement of riding with no doors and top down. I’d only be concerned if I had to take others if they were also up for the occasion but most of the time they like the fun ride. Try both and see what you like because it’s all preference as others never like soft tops but I do.

Where do you park at night? Do you keep items in your TJ that would draw attention for theft?

I have a hard top and a soft top (full doors and half doors too). I prefer soft top with half doors, but the tj resides in a garage.