Parasitic draw to instrument cluster

TNh2ocop

1997 TJ. Instrument cluster gauges not working. Replaced fuse 17 in the underhood box. Gauges work great but constant warning chime even though nothing on or open. Having 387 mA parasitic draw on battery after sitting a couple of hours with nothing on or open. As soon as fuse 17 removed, the parasitic draw goes away. Could the instrument cluster be shorting out inside? Thanks for any suggestions.

1997 TJ. Instrument cluster gauges not working. Replaced fuse 17 in the underhood box. Gauges work great but constant warning chime even though nothing on or open. Having 387 mA parasitic draw on battery after sitting a couple of hours with nothing on or open. As soon as fuse 17 removed, the parasitic draw goes away. Could the instrument cluster be shorting out inside? Thanks for any suggestions.

You very well could have a draw on the cluster. I would look into the chime Going off. Disconnect all chime inputs, headlamp, key switch, door switch. Then recheck. Is the chime beeping a certain amount of times then pause then repeating? Ford clusters would beep 5 times and reparations if the air bag indicator bulb was out.

Attempt to isolate circuit causing constant chime warning. Removed every single fuse and relay one at a time to try to isolate circuit generating chime. No change from removing any fuse or relay. Replaced instrument cluster to rule out internal short in that unit then re-checked fuses and relays to see if chime would stop. No change. Frankly, I am at a loss of where to go from here. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure if this is relevant, had an intermittent chime with no indicator lights last summer.
A drive cycle cured it.

One chime. Doors closed. Seat belts buckled. Lights off. Key out of ignition. Only way to kill chime is to kill power to the instrument cluster.

My point was, how many things can turn it on if the cluster thinks there's a problem even if there isn't.