Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
Rampage bowless soft top
Best top bikini top
Tuffy center console, under seat drawer, and glove box
36" tires , going to change them for new 35" cooper sst
borla exhaust
cold air intake

IMG-2765.PNG

Very nice, not only a good deal but lots of things you’d probably want to do yourself already handled.

Good one, Andy!

Hey, sweet new ride with a lot of nice upgrades! Funny, I just got a silver '06 Rubi myself (working on a post on that).
Huge congrats and enjoy the ride!!!!

Nice find! I would definitely get rid of those tires if you plan on driving it a lot on-road. Other than that though, it looks awesome!

Nice Rubi, congratulations. I wonder what happened to the OEM mirrors...
Huh? Those look OEM (for an '05) to me.
EDIT: Yeah, just blew up the pic (and cleaned my glasses :))...they do look a bit pre-2004 but the angle is a bit awkward to see if the "slot" in the arm is there.

Good one, Andy!

Hey, sweet new ride with a lot of nice upgrades! Funny, I just got a silver '06 Rubi myself (working on a post on that).
Huge congrats and enjoy the ride!!!!
Last summer I purchased a 2003 Rubicon with 20,500 miles.

It's hard to get on here and know what someone's Jeep rides drives and sounds like... But I promise you if you will just take the time to go through the vehicle and do the things to it that need to be done... You will be absolutely astounded.

Mine had set up a long time likely ... And had everything going on it from tires that were no longer in production to a lift kit that was pretty much a joke... The gearing was stock which didn't pull the 33 inch tires worth a flip... The engine had never been tuned up likely ...I didn't bankrupt myself to do it but I just kept at it and kept watching The Forum and picking up ideas...

I'm dead serious when I say this...now when you
drive it it feels just like a Jeep but you would almost think it was built by Honda ... It is that smooth that quite. and I don't think my Jeep is special I think you can accomplish that with any TJ in reasonable condition.

Also and my knowledge may be very limited when I say this... But I can't think of any downside to starting with a Rubicon model.... Is like having a really good looking wife... If things don't work out she can always find another home. That being said, I've also heard the ugly ones appreciate you more!

Last edited:

It's hard to get on here and know what someone's Jeep rides drives and sounds like... But I promise you if you will just take the time to go through the vehicle and do the things to it that need to be done... You will be absolutely astounded.

Mine had set up a long time likely ... And had everything going on it from tires that were no longer in production to a lift kit that was pretty much a joke... The gearing was stock which didn't pull the 33 inch tires worth a flip... The engine had never been tuned up likely ...I didn't bankrupt myself to do it but I just kept at it and kept watching The Forum and picking up ideas...

I'm dead serious when I say this...now when you get drive it it feels just like a Jeep but you would almost think it was built by Honda ... It is that smooth that quite. and I don't think my Jeep is special I think you can accomplish that with any TJ in reasonable condition.

Also and my knowledge may be very limited when I say this... But I can't think of any downside to starting with a Rubicon model.... Is like having a really good looking wife... If things don't work out she can always find another home. That being said, I've also heard the ugly ones appreciate you more!
Very informative and funny too! :)

Reactions: AndyG

I'm dead serious when I say this...now when you
drive it it feels just like a Jeep but you would almost think it was built by Honda ... It is that smooth that quite. and I don't think my Jeep is special I think you can accomplish that with any TJ in reasonable condition.

There are downsides to a Rubicon...but they really only show up when you start building to the point where you change axles and stuff. The 4:1 T-case is a pain sometimes too...if all you're going to do is mud, sand and snow (where wheelspeed is important) it kinda sucks.

There are downsides to a Rubicon...but they really only show up when you start building to the point where you change axles and stuff. The 4:1 T-case is a pain sometimes too...if all you're going to do is mud, sand and snow (where wheelspeed is important) it kinda sucks.
Yes , I can see that ...and as I was typing that I was also thinking of all the builds I've seen that go far beyond the need for the Rubicon set up.