Pitman arm install problem

ggipson

I removed a dropped pitman arm to install a factory one on my 99 TJ with 2 1/2" Teraflex lift to try to fix high speed wandering in the steering. After I finally got the nut off (not easy), the pitman arm fell off without using a puller. It will slide completly all the way up and down the spline by hand, The new stock part will only go on part of the way up the spline even when torquing the nut to 185 lbs. It doesn't look right, Is that normal? the nut goes just past flush on the stud,

I removed a dropped pitman arm to install a factory one on my 99 TJ with 2 1/2" Teraflex lift to try to fix high speed wandering in the steering. After I finally got the nut off (not easy), the pitman arm fell off without using a puller. It will slide completly all the way up and down the spline by hand, The new stock part will only go on part of the way up the spline even when torquing the nut to 185 lbs. It doesn't look right, Is that normal? the nut goes just past flush on the stud,

Get us a picture of the new one installed please!!!!!

Reactions: kincaid.0678
Look carefully at the splines on the arm you removed and the steering box. If you can torque the nut properly I don't think it will be an issue but I would also like to see a pic of the new arm installed

Reactions: John Cooper
This is about normal

342678E7-FFF8-46A7-8D02-FAE78DF519CD.png

Normal.