Playin' it safe

A fun desert storm hit Tucson yesterday. I was driving in it with no windows and half doors. It was the best seat in the house.

When I got to town, traffic stood still on the main streets. I didn’t want to unnecessarily sit in traffic for an hour, so I took flooded side streets to get home.

Here’s a brief clip of a neighborhood I drove through after the storm. To Jeepers, this was fun (not crazy or scary).

The world is full of boring and scared people stuck in their boxes. I’m grateful to hang out in this forum with the varying flavors of adventure-spirited folks.

That’s what I’m talking about. The road less travelled.

"WARNING, do not try this at home."

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that an average more than 300 vehicle occupants die in submersion type crashes each year, Florida leads the nation in such deaths.

"WARNING, do not try this at home."

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that an average more than 300 vehicle occupants die in submersion type crashes each year, Florida leads the nation in such deaths.

“Don’t try to is at home if you have a Prius or your cold air intake is 4” from the ground.”

Love it.

This is one thing though that makes me think about swapping my frameless for a framed top. Since the frameless top ends a good several inches in front of the tailgate, every drop of water that lands on the entire top pours straight into the back end of the tub every time I come to a crawl or stop. A framed top I feel like would dump it outside and the water coming in would just be what blew in by the wind.

I don’t get much water intrusion when I’m driving at a decent speed but the rain comes in plenty from the sides when crawling/idling.

I would get water in the rear had I not made use of a doggy divider for a sedan. ive run this a bunch since I don't have a rear window anymore. It’s basically a ramp from the top of the back seat up and over the tailgate so it all runs outside of the rig. It tightens right up and has served me well for two years. The most inconvenient part is disconnecting two plastic buckles before opening the tailgate.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low