Washington PNW4WDA Trail Jamboree July 7-10, 2022

What trails are you running and on what days?
Thursday- Rocky Saddle
Friday - Rimrock

I don’t think I can make it Saturday, so I didn’t sign up for a trail. If things change I hope they can fit me in somewhere.

Hope I can handle those trails.

Last edited:
Thursday- Rocky Saddle
Friday - Rimrock

I don’t think I can make it Saturday, so I didn’t sign up for a trail. If things change I hope they can fit me in somewhere.

Hope I can handle those trails.
Rocky Saddle isnt bad. Rimrock can be tough depending on what trail they run and it makes for a long day. IIRC Rimrock requires lockers and a cage.

Last edited:
Rocky Saddle isnt bad. Rimrock can be tough depending on what trail they run and it makes for a long day. IIRC Rimrock requires lockers and a cage.
Eeeh, no aftermarket cage. What are you running?

EDIT: I think you’re right about the cage. Says you need one for Rocky Saddle too. I’m screwed. 😂

Last edited:
Im not caged either. Ive run some fo the Rimrock trails but never during Trail Jam because they woudnt allow it. At least thats how it was in years past but maybe they changed things up. <shrug>

Reactions: JMT

EDIT: I think you’re right about the cage. Says you need one for Rocky Saddle too. I’m screwed. 😂
And Rocky Saddle? I'm really surprised by that. You aren't screwed. The only way you end up screwed is byb showing up on the morning of the run and they turn you away. When you check in let the folks know how you screwed up (you won't be the first or last) and need different trails. It may be day by day but I guarantee one of the host clubs will fit you in.

Reactions: JMT
RIMROCK The trails in the Rimrock Lake area are VERY difficult and recommended for the experienced driver only! The trails are known for being very tight, off-camber with steep hill climbs & descents?expect windshield damage. However, the scenery is incredible and worth the effort. Rigs wanting to run these trails will require additional technical inspection: 6 point roll cage, lockers front & rear, winch, oversized/aggressive tires, CB, spare parts & an experienced driver. The trail head is 40 miles away via HWY410 & HWY12?rigs need to be able to cruise at 55 mph. However, trailering your rig might be an option (contact your host club the night before to verify). Plan for an early departure and a very long day! Suitable for rigs less than 80 inches in width. Difficulty Level = 10+. Not recommended for full size vehicles. The trail host club will determine final eligibility.

ROCKY SADDLE This trail was designed for short wheel base vehicles with lockers front and rear, a full roll cage, aggressive tires, a CB and a winch. For experienced drivers only! There is a high risk of vehicle damage. Plan for a long day! Suitable for rigs less than 82 inches in width. Difficulty Level = 9-10. Not recommended for full size vehicles.

Rimrock isn't easy but IMO unless they take the worst trail (which they won't) while there are some hard parts it's not terrible. They will check your rig to make sure it's allowed on Rimrock. In past years having a stock TJ cage was considered OK as long leave the windshield up.

When you check in let the folks know how you screwed up (you won't be the first or last) and need different trails. It may be day by day but I guarantee one of the host clubs will fit you in.
Just to be clear I don't mean checking in the morning of the run. You will be left behind with no options. I meant when you arrive at Jim Sprick park.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
I'll be there starting early Sunday the 10th. If you want to connect send an IM that I can pick up on a trail when there is cell service and I'll respond with camp location.

Got this from a post by the Cascade 4x4 from Trail Jam...

1657503881272.png

Sorry I didn't make it up there this year. Had a sick dog that I couldn't leave alone and all I have for transportation right now is my Harley.

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'