Possible Radio / Engine Interference?

Folsom07

I recently installed a subwoofer and amp in my tj. Since I have had the jeep, I have always had a weird whine coming from the right side under the hood/maybe in the dash. I do not believe it’s the alternator because it does not increase with rpm. When I hooked up the subs and turned the key to the on position, the subs immediately started pulsing like some sort of metal song was playing even though there was no music playing. I am believing that I am getting rfi interference. Would like some second opinions and what I should do to fix it. TIA

Much appreciated. Think I have the problem diagnosed.
That article didn't cover all the potential sources of noise. Others include providing power to the audio system from the wrong source of power... like one that is electrically noisy from an alternator or fuel pump. That is easily cured by getting the power from a source closer to the battery where the power is noise-free. The 12 volt input lug at the rear of the Power Distribution Center is a great source.

Spark related noises can come from having installed "low resistance" aftermarket ignition wiring or having installed non-resistor type spark plugs in a misguided attempt at better performance... both of which are required to prevent static noise from becoming a problem. In reality, neither of those cause a hit in performance even though "lower resistance" might sound good to those who don't know how ignition systems work and when voltage drop becomes a legitimate concern vs. when it's not like from using the factory resistor-type ignition wiring and spark plugs.

Any idea what it is?
I’m thinking it’s faulty wiring. The after market stero that was put in by the previous owner seems pretty screwy. Hopefully soon I’ll find some time to re-do it. I’m also going to install a pre-amp rfi filter just for good measure.

I’m thinking it’s faulty wiring. The after market stero that was put in by the previous owner seems pretty screwy. Hopefully soon I’ll find some time to re-do it. I’m also going to install a pre-amp rfi filter just for good measure.

That could do it. Sometimes all it takes is a shoddy wiring job. I've experienced that in past vehicles due to the previous owner doing a half-ass install.