Post your Amazon Prime Day deals

Forgive me, I'm a bit confused

Starter? Are you referring to a noco jump starter? Or the starter in your Jeep.

Battery in the noco was fine?
Circuitry was fine?

You replaced the noco jump starter with a Schumacher version?
I bought one of the NOCO jump starters and it failed after a few jump starts. I don't recall exactly what it was doing, but it simply wouldn't turn on, even after a full charge. Fortunately someone else had a car for me to hook jumper cables up to.

Returned it and bought a Schumacher jump starter that has given me no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C9YRS34/?tag=wranglerorg-20

There have been no issues with my starter motors, just shoddy wiring and bad batteries.

Reactions: Chris
I started my neighbors honda civic 5 times before I finally convinced her to get a new battery. A MD no less.
I couldn't figure out wtf was going on with my truck for a while. Would fire fine and then fail to even turn over a few hours later.
Took it to multiple car shops to have the starter/alternator/battery tested, but it always started in the parking lot and tested flawlessly.

Turns out my monkeying the terminals too tight put so much force on the battery that the lead post broke off inside the battery and was only occasionally making contact.
Now I know better than to crank down the nuts on the terminals with a giant wrench

Reactions: Chris

Yeah, I saw that. I actually had one in my cart and it changed the price when I went back maybe a half hour later. No big deal, I'm really trying to put my Jeep on a bit of a diet and bringing lighter camping gear with me; a 48 lbs fridge wouldn't help with the 'diet'. The whole 'Overlanding' Instagram glamping scene is turning me off to stuffing as much crap in the Jeep as I can; my Oztent Malamoo Classic tent weighs 7lbs (on sale now 50% off: https://www.oztent.us/products/tent-range/malamoorange ) and goes up faster than any 150+ lbs roof top tent. Sometimes less is more...