Prince Philip's Hearse

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
With no disrespect at all as I quite liked Prince Philip, his hearse has inspired me. When my time comes I would like to have designed and built my own hearse. The first version of it was built by Land Rover in 2003. it was modified several times over the years and of course was first used today, 18 years later.

I wonder if I could convert my LJ? Half roof, extend the bed a bit (I'm not tall), not sure about the colour ... battleship Grey perhaps. It would probably be better to find another one to work on as I doubt driving it around for the short (?) time I have would be good. Bad for off roading but might be OK for camping.

I wonder what the guys on the Land Rover forums are thinking?

Princ Philip - Land Rover.jpg

It’s genuinely ok that you liked the man. Unique hearse I guess.
I don’t understand why the United States, our citizens, and the half assed media are such United Kingdom nut huggers. Didn’t we kick their ass to become a free nation once upon a time? Oh yeah, and we saved their limey asses from Adolph also. What’s the draw?

Hearse aside , I think it would make a cool truck. Ditch the side skirts and platform on the bed..

A timely discussion for me, as I'm trying to convince the wife that we need a hearse in our lives. Even showed her some videos last night. She's not having any of it. @PCO6, I think it's a great idea. I not only want to modify my own hearse (though I want a Packard, or something), but I also want to do my own coffin. I'm thinking something along the lines of a dented-up and patina look, with wrenches for handles. Also, bury me with some tools in the coffin, please.

Reactions: PCO6 and Zorba
A timely discussion for me, as I'm trying to convince the wife that we need a hearse in our lives. Even showed her some videos last night. She's not having any of it. @PCO6, I think it's a great idea. I not only want to modify my own hearse (though I want a Packard, or something), but I also want to do my own coffin. I'm thinking something along the lines of a dented-up and patina look, with wrenches for handles. Also, bury me with some tools in the coffin, please.
Yea, wives have no sense of humor when it comes to hearses - I've had similar conversations myself. As for coffins - it MUST be a "toe pincher" style!

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
I don’t understand why the United States, our citizens, and the half assed media are such United Kingdom nut huggers. Didn’t we kick their ass to become a free nation once upon a time? Oh yeah, and we saved their limey asses from Adolph also. What’s the draw?

X2

Idgaf about them. I'm glad they're our allies now, but as an American anything that has to do with their government, or people in power, can get absolutely bent. Their citizens are fine by me though.

I'm old enough to remember unless you were English you couldn't get an acting job, or sell records in America.

Never made sense to me.

Unfortunately the only people that could come close to being able to afford to build, or have some one else build their hearse are far richer than most of us will ever be. At least some of those rich actually worked their way to get there but many are/were overpaid lucky morons while others were just born into it. I know most rich aren't thinking about specific hearses but when I do, I think of this monstrosity, which I told my wife if I end up in one I will haunt her FOREVER!

teaserbox_6611254.jpg 26302e20d83ca92865bd2580e9170173.jpg

Eight years ago I did meet a rich old guy that had his own hearse made for when he dies. For some reason the only picture I took of it was the side window. IIRC it is a Model T because Model T parts is how he started his business and it didn't look like anything I had seen before.
20160723_133003.jpg

I guess it may be a Model A but I don't think so. If it is, it looks very much like this one:
054.JPG
057.JPG

Reactions: Squatch
Like my mother always said she didn't care what they did with her body after she dies.

The only thing she made me promise is I wouldn't have people eating sandwiches while they look into the casket.

When I die I don't even care if someone has a sandwich. Just throw me in the ground.

Like my mother always said I don't care what they do with my body after I die it's not like I'm going to know.

The only thing she made me promise is I wouldn't have people eating sandwiches while they look into the casket.

When I die I don't even care if someone has a sandwich. Just throw me in the ground.
Pretty much this - except I want to be cremated and scattered. Flushing the ashes down a convenient toilet wouldn't be amiss...